INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Prevent import from running at startup  (Read 386 times)

shapiro123

• Recent member
Prevent import from running at startup
« on: May 22, 2022, 04:35:40 pm »

I have an (apparently) slightly underpowered streamer running JRiver 28. JRiver frequently stops (buffers) in the middle of a track, with no resumption. I believe I’ve tried every buffer setting in JRiver, in ASIO, etc. to no avail. I know part of the problem is I’m using WiFi. I plan to move to a wired Ethernet connection, but getting wiring contractors in my area is like pulling teeth.

For the most part, running (auto)import tips the JRiver into endless buffering at some point in an album. The Catch-22 is the only way out of the endless buffering is to restart JRiver, which always entails running auto-import. Quite a hassle.

Is there a way to set up (auto)import so it runs ONLY when I want it to (e.g., using Task Scheduler)? That would allow me to avoid “battles” between listening and importing, in which importing always prevails.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

Seth

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Prevent import from running at startup
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2022, 04:38:45 pm »

It's also possible the file isn't available fast enough.  Local drive?

Or that, if you're converting, conversion is too slow because the CPU isn't fast enough.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2022, 10:52:15 am »

Yes, you can turn off "Run auto import in background" in Library and Folders options.
Then when you want to run auto import you can go to the Import area of the Tools menu and "Run Auto Import Now"

shapiro123

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2022, 09:59:37 pm »

Thanks for that. “Run auto-import in background” was already disabled. Any ideas for preventing auto-import on startup?

Cheers.

jctcom

• Rush - Styx - Yes - Porcupine Tree - Staple Food!
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2022, 11:26:43 pm »

Maybe your best bet is to remove any folders in the "Configure Auto Import" setting.  Then it will not have anything to import.  I always import all my media manually anyways.  Otherwise I never know what has or has not been tagged properly.

Carl.
Pages: [1]   Go Up