INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 9.0.127 beta  (Read 6788 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 9.0.127 beta
« on: March 12, 2003, 01:46:40 pm »

This is the third build after MAJOR changes -- expect problems and crashes.

Please wait a few builds if problems could upset you.

If you are sure you want to continue, 9.0.127 is available here:

ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter90127.exe

Changes  

1. Fixed: F3 for "Repeat last quick search" did not work.
2. Fixed: Media Center would not remember last selection of import file types.
3. Fixed: Secure rip log would not play selected sections.
4. Fixed: Mpeg-plus plugin was very slow encoding in the converter tool. Fixed in version 2.0.10 of the plugin.
5. Fixed: Secure rip log was being displayed even when it wasn't necessary, as in a cancel situation.
6. Fixed: Double-clicking on items in "Customize Menubar" dialog did not work.
7. Fixed: "Find CD" and "Artist Info" buttons are back.
8. NEW: Added a way to issue playback commands to a specific zone. (MCC SDK)
9. NEW: Added numbered sort arrows to list column headers. (requires MEGA-ME skinning)
10. Changed: List sorting no longer a timing thing -- but it will still sort forward if you hold down SHIFT while clicking column headers.
11. Fixed: Auto rip/play is working again.
12. Fixed: PIP window in Hairstyle was not resizing video correctly.
13. Fixed: Media Center was not remembering maximized state on exit.
14. Changed: Skinned scrollbars much faster when inside dialogs.
15. Changed: MEGA-ME skinning uses less GDI resources for solid color backgroun skins.
16. Fixed: Multimedia keys would not work.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

jcouch93

• World Citizen
  • I'm confused...
Re: Media Center 9.0.127 beta
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2003, 02:01:43 pm »

Multimedia keys on my Logitech wireless keyboard still don't work.  They haven't worked for about 2 or 3 builds...

phatrabt

Media Center Registered 9.0.127 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 1728 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 754 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920)
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1145 (xpsp2.021108-1929) / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive G:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive V:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive G: LITE-ON  LTR-24102B         Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:24  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

NoCodeUK

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2003, 02:13:20 pm »

Clicking on Windows CE under handhelds brings up a cannot creat windows CE plug in message.  wehn clicking okay on the dialog box MC bails with a media core error... same in last build... I think it was working okay in 124

UPDATE just ininstalled and reinstalled the plugin and it seems to be okay.  Has the lugin been changed or is it just not surviving a reinstall??  (I install over the top of previous builds)

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2003, 02:15:51 pm »

Thanks, Matt! It's after than 1 A.M. here now, so I'll have to wait until tomorrow to test the new zone specific commands, but I'm looking forward to it!  8)
Tor with the Cinema Inferno & Multi-Zone Audio system

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2003, 02:21:58 pm »

Multimedia keys on my Logitech wireless keyboard still don't work.  They haven't worked for about 2 or 3 builds...

Confirmed.  Still goofed here too.  We'll get it tomorrow.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

MachineHead

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2003, 02:22:57 pm »

OK, so I give you a little static about the icon, and now you guys plant 4, yes 4, desktop icons out there. Sheese, give me a break... :P

PS - Thanks for the background change on the flyouts!

dloneranger

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2003, 02:38:33 pm »

On a custom install the file association text is screwed up
Dloneranger

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2003, 02:40:57 pm »

>> the file association text is screwed up
that makes it all too clear
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

NoCodeUK

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2003, 02:50:29 pm »

Video is still very screwed up...double click goes to a blank fullscreen...double cick again and video appears double click again the controls appear...doubleclick again and they go away...doubleclick again the video shrinks and resizes...you get the idea.  At what point will double click return to the main window like it used to??? ;D  Sorry guys...I was having no problems with video before but now...

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

dloneranger

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2003, 03:20:34 pm »

'the text is screwwed'

ok, better description, the start of the lines .jpg etc are garbled, with bits missing off the front and end in the description - here's a pic
http://www.dloneranger.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/mcinstall.jpg
sorry, didn't think it would be to hard to just run the install and see the problem

i've also found it's creating bad registry keys as well
eg
REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.mp4);MusicEx]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.mp+);Monkey's]

which looks pretty much like the garbled text on the install screen

hope thats more helpful for you  :)
Dloneranger

mkutsen

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2003, 03:31:30 pm »

1) The toolbar is still reset to default as soon as you right click on it or open the culsomize dialog box, even if you don't change anything. (This is pretty annoying, hope you guys fix this in the next build!)

2) The scroll wheel scrols the whole screen after rolling the scroll wheel just one notch in Mini-Me skins.  (this is new in the last three builts)

3) Menus are even better now; but "EDIT" and "PROPERTIES" may still be better at the top level.

4) Logitech keyboard player control buttons still don't work. (but you know that already)  

5) The new 'file associations' setup box, that pops up during installation, is messed up -- several extensions on one line and random parentheses scattered throughout.

6) It would be cool if the button tool bar could be disconnected and docked in other places.  

7) Direct Sound only outputs to the front two channels bypassing the Audigy Surround Sound and digital effects software.  If I attempt to use the MC9 DSP effects and JRSS, it does map to all of my 4 channels, but sounds like crap -- lots of crackling.    

8 ) ASIO crashes about a minute into an internet audio stream (MP3 web radio), or if you click on another link while playing a stream.

9) There are two different TV buttons in the toolbar.

10) The 'Playing now' and 'Media Library' button graphics are not consistent with the tree graphics.      

Intel Pentium 4 2782 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 303 MB    

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920)    
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1145 (xpsp2.021108-1929) / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer    

Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max    
 Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max    
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767    
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   C:\WINDOWS\Media\notify.wav    

Burning /  Drive D: SONY     DVD+RW  DRU-120A   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:12  MaxSpeed:12  Use MJ Engine:Yes    
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes    
 Use playback settings: Yes /  Normalization: None

mkutsen

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2003, 03:49:40 pm »

How about a drop down errow from the 'Full Screen' button where one could select either full screen or hairstyle?

CptanPanic

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2003, 05:07:27 pm »

If I accedently clicked the CDrom without having a cd in the drive under CD\DVD\Handhelds that would stay highlighted no matter what else I clicked.

Markeau

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2003, 05:19:36 pm »

Blackwood I installed 127 right over 124 fine.

Where the heck is Artist Info in the menu's?  It can be added as a button but I could not find it on any right-click or pull-downs.  

Also, hitting the Artist Info button used to open allmusic in a new browser window; but, now it opens in MC.  This is not good as I usually position the browser and MC one above another so I can browse and see album info and quickly type it into track fields.  Can it be changed back to the old way or be made configurable?  Thanks.

bspachman

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2003, 05:45:51 pm »

Most of these are from the 126 beta, but I didn't notice any listed as fixed or changed in the latest build:

BIG ISSUES:

- MCC_TREE_ADD_CD_FOLDER crashed MC. Maybe it's related to the fact MC doesn't recognize my burner?

- When installing 126, I received several errors when the plugins were being installed (doing a "Custom" install). For example, "Installing APE plugin"--Error dialog: "Failed to install package. More info: none." This happened for all the plugin in this sequence (APE, CDA, MP3, OGG, etc.)

- After installing builds 125 and 126, my registration has been lost. It's cost me only 1 restore so far, but maybe it's symptomatic of a bigger problem.

- DVD-CD/RW still not recognized (Toshiba SR-1202).

- When exiting Party Mode, playback stops and Playing Now is cleared.

- Update Playback order is funky (menu & MCC command): First, after executing the command, you lose the status information in the MegaMe skin (I didn't check the others). The only information that remains is the time info. Second, if you issue the command with the currently playing track selected, stopping & starting playback says that PN is empty. You also lose transport controls & the status information.

CONTROL ISSUES:

- MCC_UPDATE_VIS doesn't appear to do anything. What's it supposed to do?

- MCC_STOP_CONDITIONAL doesn't appear to do anything. What's it supposed to do?

- MCC_SET_PAUSE doesn't appear to do anything. What's it supposed to do?

- MCC_PLAY_CPLDB_INDEX (10015) is the best command!! Finally, direct sequence number access without having to mess with how Windows builds search strings!!!

- MCC_PLAY_CPLDB_INDEX (10015) should probably fail silently if passed a sequence number outside of the Playing Now playlist. Dismissing the resulting dialog interrupts the remote-ness of the experience.

- I couldn't get the "Rating - ?" to work remotely. MCC_SET_CURRENTLY_PLAYING_RATING (10023, 0). All the other Rating parameters worked fine.

- MCC_PROPERTIES opens the Properties window just fine, but there's no way to close it. Can the command be a toggle--or even better, add another command to discretely close the window?

- There are no ways to accept or dismiss dialog boxes remotely. Can there be "OK" and "Cancel" commands?

- MCC_HELP_HOWTO_VIEW_SCHEMES didn't do anything. The menu command brought up a "Page cannot be displayed" error

- MCC_HELP_HOWTO_MANAGE_PLAYLISTS & the menu command brought up a "Page cannot be displayed" error

- MCC_TREE_PLAY and MCC_TREE_ADD_TO_PLAYING_NOW are only effective when you've selected something in the the Tree. I think that's how it's supposed to work--so this is a verification question: The first command "TreePlay" sends the command "Replace PN with what I've selected & start playing"--the second command "TreeAdd" sends the command "Append PN with what I've selected & start/continue playing", right?

- MCC_TREE_IMPORT doesn't appear to do anything? What's it for?

- MCC_TREE_RIP gives me the error "No audio files selected for copying". Is this only effective when you've got actual media loaded in your drive?

- MCC_CLEAR_PLAYING_NOW removes the currently playing track as well as everything else. Can there be and option/additional command to retain the currently playing track?

- MCC_COPY_LISTENING_TO seems non-functional. Also, I can't find this command in the menus anymore. Did it disappear?

- MCC_LIST_IMPORT & MCC_LIST_REMOVE_ORDER don't appear to do anything. What are they supposed to do?

- MCC_LOCATE_FILE does really odd things when using the index numbers. "-1" & "-2" work fine. The other index numbers don't seem to have any rhyme or reason. I tried the number 0-4 sequentially and very different view schemes were activated each time. What is supposed to happen? Also, the documentation actually says "0-n: view scheme index"--is this right?

- MCC_RELOAD_RIGHT_VIEW doesn't appear to do anything. What is it supposed to do?

- MCC_CUSTOMIZE_TOOLBAR doesn't appear to do anything.

- MCC_ARTIST_INFO opens the artist information in a separate web browser window instead of within MC--but the tree choice opens the information internally. The inconsistency seemed odd to me.

- There doesn't appear to be a difference between MCC_SHOW_RUNNING_MC and MCC_SHOW_WINDOW is there supposed to be?

--continued in next post--

bspachman

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2003, 05:47:56 pm »

-- continued from previous post --

SMALLER THINGS:

- The tops & bottoms of long menus have Arrows showing to make you think there are more choices--however, the arrows are actually greyed out. I think it would be better to not have arrows in that case.

- The "Locate" command should be hierarchical with regards to the view schemes, like the other new menu structure.

- The "Delete" button stays highlighted after deleting a playback zone (both when the deletion succeeds and when it fails).

- The Help->How To->Configuration menu choice makes it sound like there is more configuration available there. How about "Setting Up", or removing the separator above it.

- The Help menu shows lots of "dialog elipsis" (eg. "..."). I usually expect that to bring up a dialog box--not the help page.

- In general, the "More Options" and "Even More Options" hierarchical menu names are intimidating :) More descriptive names would be great...

- MCC_RENAME command buggy: First, you can't tell if you are focused to edit in the tree or edit in the list. Second, when you've manually selected to focus the list, the command activates the first column field for editing (except for the Seq.#). It doesn't matter if it's the Name, the Artist, the Track, etc.

- MCC_MINIME toggling works oddly: It toggles from any other view to Mini-Me, and subsequent activations toggle back to Mini, then to Mega. I expected it to toggle between Mini & the original view (be it Mega, Full, or Hair).

- MCC_FULLSCREEN toggling works oddly: It toggles to FS, then to Hair, then to Mini or Mega (which ever had been active). Again, I expected it to toggle between the original view and FS. Also, this appears to be a duplicate of MCC_TOGGLE_FULLSCREEN

- Reshuffle drawing oddity: When you select a track other than the first one in list view & execute the command, you end up with 2 selection bars.

- When dragging column in the list window to reorder them, the list window doesn't scroll, so you have to move columns around bit by bit, using the horizontal scroll bar to adjust each time.

OLD BUGS:
- Can't multi-select in tree pane of mega-me. This may be a windows limitation. I know you couldn't do it in MJ8.

- Scroll bar display problems [640x480 resolution (Z-megame)]. The width is cut off a bit. It's very difficult to describe. If someone can tell me how to take a screen shot in Windows, I'll send a shot of it.

- Long hierarchial menus don't scroll in Mega-Me (filters list, show only, hide, etc.). You actually have to click on the arrows.

- Naming a playlist, group, smarlist, etc. yields redraw artifacts (the default name is not erased while typing over)

REQUESTS:
- Multiple filters: It would be killer to be able to apply multiple filters. I realize you can setup a smartlist to filter all kinds of things, but I would like to play from the media library--then say "Don't play Christmas music and Only play Rock tracks with Ratings of 4 or higher". Right now, I have to create a single smartlist to do this. It would be great to just apply existing Smartlists as filters (no Xmas music smartlist, yes Rock genre smartlist, yes Favorites smartlist).

Keep up the AMAZING WORK!!
Brad
-----
Media Center Registered 9.0.126 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center

Microsoft Windows 2000  Workstation 5.0 Service Pack 3 (Build 2195)
Intel Pentium 4 1810 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 377 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106
Shell32.dll: 5.00.3502.6144 / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive Z:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto
Read speed:Max Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767 /  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  No burners found.
Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No /  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

ZRocker

« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2003, 06:13:38 pm »

Bugs:
1. Under CD, DVD, & Handhelds, there's a weird column heading of Folder that cannot be removed and is empty.  A feature not yet finished perhaps?
2. Tried to play an audio CD and MC got stuck (stop playing) on the last track midway thru and just displayed 'Buffering' in the player window.

PhDSM

• World Citizen
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2003, 09:16:41 pm »

Hello,

in Visualisation Sution or in track info access to Custom and Composer field still doesn't work

I.e. in Dreamstate track info no customs field are shown

TRACKINFO_INSERT_CUSTOM1,
TRACKINFO_INSERT_CUSTOM2,
TRACKINFO_INSERT_CUSTOM3

are not working

Regards
PhDSM

matshif

« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2003, 10:36:13 pm »

- After installing builds 125 and 126, my registration has been lost. It's cost me only 1 restore so far, but maybe it's symptomatic of a bigger problem.

I have got the same problem.

Mats

Blackwood85

• Recent member
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2003, 02:28:19 am »

Help! I attempted to update 124 to 126 and 127. Update failed.
126 started to initialize but just stopped before install wizard appeared. 124 remained installed and working.After reboot media center seemed to have disappeared from my system. I then attempted 127 and again started to initialize, and just stopped.
Assuming I had istalled something that conflicted I did a system restore to a time when MC was working,, with no success.

Further attempted to reinstal 124, but had same problem. completed initialization then just stopped before instal wizard appeared. Other instalations and uninstals seem to be working fine. My principle concern is not the deletion/corruption of files, but my total inability to start over.
Thanks for you help
Win XP
P4 1.5gh
Ram 768

JollyJim

• World Citizen
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2003, 03:54:28 am »

CD LABELLER
- Does'nt print the image
-
SORTING
--- No problems with columns that are totally populated eg Name, Album etc. It sorts these quickly and accurately both in ascending and descending sequence. For columns that are not totally populated eg comments, notes etc, it not only takes a long time to complete, but there is no accuracy in the result. It should, for an ascending sort for instance, place all the blank fields first, but this does'nt happen. Non-blank fields seem to be anywhere up and down the column.

VOLUME
- Ctrl++ and Ctrl+- not working

CRASHES
-     Still getting lots of crashes for no discernible reason.

Microsoft Windows 98 SE
Intel Pentium III 599 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 130 MB, Free - 15 MB
Resource Info: System - 30 %, GDI - 58 %, User - 30 %

Internet Explorer: 5.50.4522.1800 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 5.50.4522.1800
Shell32.dll: 4.72.3612.1700
wnaspi32.dll: 2, 0, 0, 0 , ASPI for WIN32 DLL, Copyright © Adaptec 1995 / Aspi32.sys: N/A

Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  Drive E: PHILIPS  PCRW804            Addr: 0:1:0  Speed:8  MaxSpeed:8  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: No

Tangoman

• World Citizen
  • You are nothing that you are conscious of.
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2003, 04:01:23 am »

Hi Matt,
Great work on the last few builds all info is now going into the Library Ripped 150 tracks yesterday. Still catalogueing like mad should be ready to upload another 100 CD's in the next few weeks. ;D

One Buglette in the last 2 builds CTRL+c and CTRL+v are not working correctly in MC?
Cheers Tangodude
Media Center Registered 9.0.127 -- D:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\

Intel Unknown 996 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 340 MB

Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive Y:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:IDE   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: No /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left. - Anon

Russell

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Web Remote & Glissando
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2003, 04:24:18 am »

I just started using Media Jukebox earlier this week.  I have a server set up in my home office, and I was able to rig another stripped-down PC to play my Monkey's Audio files to the stereo in the family room (using Media Server, Wi-Fi, Web Remote, and Glissando).  Very cool.

I decided last night to try the new beta (9.0.127) of Media Center.  I installed MC on both of the aforementioned PCs.  I was able to get the server box to play (using the server as client, playing through PC speakers).  Then I got the family-room PC to play using MC as a client connected to the server (this PC has no library of its own).  

The problem arose when I tried to configure Web Remote.  I could not find a Plug-ins tree similar to MJ.  The webremote dll is in the plugin folder (perhaps from the MJ/Glissando installation), but there was no mechanism to start/configure Web Remote.

The Plug-in Manager  menu item was disabled, but I got around that my adding the Plug-in Manager button to the toolbar.  Unfortunately, no Web Remote under the Interface Plug-ins.  The Partial-Instructions thread elsewhere on the Media-Center-9 board points to Web Remote under V8 (MJ) plug-ins.  I tried that installation, and it seemed to work (the installation).  But, when I searched for the installed plugin with MC, I was still unable to find it.

Does this beta support Web Remote?  How do I install, start, and configure this functionality?  Are there any known issues with Glissando and this version?

I know that I have gone a bit long here, and I appreciate whatever help any of you can provide.  Let me end my congratulating you guys on what looks to be an excellent product!  I thought that MJ was very cool; MC blows it away!  I am very excited about getting my set up working again so that I can test out all of the cool new features I noticed while searching for Web-Remote functionality.

Again, great product and thanks, in advance, for your help.

Russell

JohnT

« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2003, 05:29:08 am »

CD LABELLER
- Does'nt print the image
Could you email me the image along with the saved label file?

Thanks,
johnt @ jriver.com

John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

bspachman

• MC Beta Team
Re: Web Remote & Glissando
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2003, 06:02:23 am »

Does this beta support Web Remote?  How do I install, start, and configure this functionality?  Are there any known issues with Glissando and this version?

Russell,

You might be interested (and better served) checking out the thread here:

http://www.musicex.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=beta;action=display;num=1047445142

(And I do have Glissando running on build 126, but there are some funky issues. Basic functionality is fine...)

Best,
Brad

RMB

• Recent member
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2003, 06:13:07 am »

Guys,

This version has really got me  :'(

No matter how I try to get a menu, drop down from the top, pressing a buttton, or right click - I get the same problem - The menu appears for only a second and then goes away.  This is so quick, it took me several attempts to get the 'system Info' below.

The menu goes whether I move the mouse, use the keyboard arrows, or just do nothing.

If a menu item has a direct keyboard access, then I can get to the ferature, otherwise no chance!

This only occurs with MC, and I get it on both Win2k and XP.

Since I am typing -

Since before version 120 - attempting to listen to anything other than 'Featured Stations' fails with 'Please Select Item(s) to play'.  I thought that this was supposed to be fixed a few versions ago, but not so.

TV Tuner.  Could the order of the stations please not always revert to the order of the channel number?
Even if I change it to be alphabetical on name, it reverts to number.  I would like to have the order specified (and kept) as neither channel nor alpha.

Note: The information below is immediately after
1) Reboot
2) Clean install (not upgrade) of MC

The install gave a warning about low memory on my machine!

AMD Athlon 1095 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 245 MB, Free - 26 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106

Ripping /   Drive G:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767

Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
RMB

ZRocker

« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2003, 06:43:24 am »

Bugs:
1. The MC and NAV looping bug is back!!  MC and NAV were fine until I decided to rip a CD, then MC started its looping call to GetVolumeId (I think) and the registry queries started up again (on HKC?\AudioCD\shell\<something>) and NAV and MC started their battle.  JohnT know the looping I'm talking about.  Not sure what about ripping triggered it all, but it was there...I had to kill MC and NAV (cuz NAV was backed up 'processing' all the MC queries for the last 45 mins).

Media Center Registered 9.0.127 -- G:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Intel Pentium II 451 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 261 MB, Free - 96 MB

Ripping /   Drive X:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:IDE   Read speed:Max
 Drive Z:   Copy mode:ModeSynch   CD Type:ASPI   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  Drive X: PLEXTOR  CD-R   PX-W1210A   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:12  MaxSpeed:12  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Use playback settings: Yes /  Normalization: None

michel

« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2003, 09:08:56 am »

Many tag operations don't have a cancel button yet. It is not acceptable in case of massive tag operations.

michel

« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2003, 09:15:51 am »

Rename file fom properties

It is no more possible to type [ ] (and { }) so it is no more possible to build our own rule.

BTW, it could be nice that MC could remember at least two or three custom rules.

ZRocker

« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2003, 10:08:44 am »

Bugs:
1. Ctrl-V (paste) shortcut does not work in File Properties (tag editing)...I tried in the Comments field and <nothing> (had to use right-click menu to Paste).

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2003, 03:55:32 pm »

Typing [] & {} in both Rename File and Fill Properties works fine here...

Right clicking on a playlist shows an extra seperator.

tdrozdowski

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2003, 06:38:33 pm »

I tried out the Create Jukebox/Zen driver with my Jukebox 3 device (IEEE1384/Firewire, not USB) and MC9 with plugin tonight.  No luck.  As soon as I click on the Nomad in the tree, it tells me that it is not connected, or that I do not have the proper drivers installed.  Then, MC freezes on me.

I have not tried this plugin with MC 9 at all - the old one with MC 8 worked fine with my device.  Has the version 9 plugin changed that dramatically?  Has anyone else been successful in getting it to work?

tdrozdowski

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2003, 07:01:43 pm »

I tried out the Create Jukebox/Zen driver with my Jukebox 3 device (IEEE1384/Firewire, not USB) and MC9 with plugin tonight.  No luck.  

Ugh - its late and after fighting with the drivers for Jukebox 3, it seems to work.  However, the only issue I did run into was trying to delete everything off my jukebox.  Here's what I did:

- Clicked on Nomad Jukebox in the tree
- hit control-a to select all tracks (40gb worth)
- pushed the delete key on the keyboard

and then MC crashes.  I can, however, delete tracks in smaller numbers.

michel

« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2003, 03:31:32 am »

Typing [] & {} in both Rename File and Fill Properties works fine here...

In fact I cannot type anymore almost all characters needing 'Alt Gr' key such as { [ @ but not all: I can type still ] } whatever the field I want to type into !

I can paste such character though.

Of course my keyboard is fine (I am typing this post with it). I tried to reinstall and to reboot without success.

I am running an AZERTY keyboard (French locales).

rocketsauce

« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2003, 03:56:20 am »

What happened to the toolbars?

I used to be able to have one toolbar for the File Edit View Player etc menus and then another one underneath for buttons. Now it seems they all have to be on one toolbar and there's not enough room for all the buttons I want to add.

Rob

K-Wood

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2003, 04:04:43 am »

FWIW: Selecting Print from the file menu while playing track crashes the Media Core.

Selecting print if NOT playing works fine.

Thanks,
- Ken

LisaRCT

« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2003, 05:17:39 am »

1- While adding hard drive folders and playlists to my FAVORITES, I attempted to use 'Ctrl-V' to paste part of the name I chose for the favorites I was creating . . .
however "Artist      Name      Filename"  (from a previous 'Ctrl-C' ??) appeared instead of what I had copied (even after a reboot).  
Hitting 'Ctrl-V' also caused "Saving Tag Changes" to appear.  When I try to cancel this by closing that dialog box MC crashes. All the favorites already created in that session are lost.

2- In the TV mode . . . when closing the 'Channels' panel, the scroll-bar from the Channels panel remains in place obscuring the TV view window.

3- While watching video files, it is extremely difficult to "Fast-Forward" or to do any type of visual search as the 'Position' scroll bar is way too sensitive and there is no option for viewing at higher speed (fps).  I guess this would need to be addressed in a future version, perhaps MC10?

4- I don't like the new desktop icon . . .  I don't like it, I don't like it, I don't like it!    :P  :P  :P
Can we please have an Icon with some style and character?  Perhaps some color?  

GREAT JOB! Awesome program! Thanks   ;D

LisaRCT

« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2003, 05:40:01 am »

Another 'Favorites' difficulty,
When working with a long list of Favorites, longer than the 'Organize Favorites' window, is it hard to organize what you cannot see.  The Organize window is shorter than my list of Favorites, I cannot expand that window, and when using the 'Up', 'Down', etc . .  the list automatically jumps to the top leaving you unable to see the entry you are moving.
Can this window be made so it can be re-sized?
Or for now simply eliminate that 'jump' action?

LisaRCT

« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2003, 08:19:04 am »

Still having problems wityh streaming audio and buffering.
While listening to Internet Radio if a buffering begins, the player does a looping of the last bit of audio received . . .  sounds like a record skipping... Extremely Annoying!.
This continues until I stop the current play and replace the current playlist (even with the same stream location/address).
I have PLENTY of resources available (1.5GB DDR RAM, a 2GB processor, and a DSL connection which usually runs about 0.700 to 1.014 Mbps)
I have noticed this since approximately build 9.0.122? or so.
As this is my most common listening source (avid radioparadise.com listener), it is a major issue to me.
HELP!!   :'(

ZRocker

« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2003, 08:42:31 am »

Bugs:
1. From Windows Explorer right-click menu, if you do Media Jukebox > Add to Playing Now... and MC is not started the command does not work.  It starts MC, but that's all it does (no Add to...).  This has been broken in every 9.0 release of MC I've seen (since Dec 2002).

2. Shouldn't the Windows Explorer shell integration right-click menu say Media Center and not Media Jukebox?

ZRocker

« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2003, 10:12:32 am »

Bugs:
1. Reoccuring bug is back...MC is loosing (not storing) the Comment tag after ripping using MP3 (Lame) custom command-line option --tc (like --tc "ripped with MC & Lame").  After I do an 'Update Library --- (from tags always' I notice the comment field is blank (in MC).  This used to work, then didn't, then did, then didn't, then did, then didn't...over the last 4 months...seems to be the favorite thing to break in MC.
Pages: [1]   Go Up