INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Duplicate tracks listed for files in one of my playlists  (Read 401 times)

badger

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
Duplicate tracks listed for files in one of my playlists
« on: May 23, 2022, 12:32:41 pm »

I have a strange phenomenon with tracks I have tagged for a playlist that I've been building for years.  The playlist is called "All Good".  When I browse or search under Audio (files or artist or album), any track that has the "All Good" playlist tag has a duplicate entry.  The filename/path is identical for the duplicate.  If I compare the tags for the two tracks...  the duplicate (second listing) does not have a checkmark for the "All Good" playlist... and there is no playback data.  Says never played, never skipped.  Also the import date of the duplicate is different...  and appears to the date I upgraded to MC29.  Most other tags appear to be identical... except the dup doesn't have last playback date, or last zone, etc.  Any thought on why this is happening?...   and only with this one playlist?

badger

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Duplicate tracks listed for files in one of my playlists
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2022, 01:14:13 pm »

Some additional data on this.  I have a feeling the problem may be left over from me changing the path for this one playlist when my nas crashed last month.. and I pointed the tracks for just this playlist to my backup (via Rename move copy)...  After I restored my nas... I changed the path back to the nas.  Still doesn't explain the duplicates, but maybe some sort of anomaly with Rename, Move, Copy.  Anyway I can delete the duplicates one by one.  I'm trying to find something unique for the duplicate entries so I can filter them and delete all at once.  There are several thousand .

Dawgincontrol

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • We have met the enemy and he is us.
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2022, 01:17:34 pm »

If they are all duplicates from a specific path, you can delete that path in MC, if you no longer use it.

Do a back-up first.

badger

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2022, 01:26:32 pm »

Problem is the path is identical to the path of the entries I want to keep.  The import date seems to be the same for the dups... so I think i can sort on that.

badger

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2022, 03:10:24 pm »

So I was able to sort on Date Imported and delete the duplicates.  And I did some testing.  I created a new playlist "junk".  I selected 10 tracks for the new playlist.  I used Rename Move copy for all 10 tracks.... chose "update database to point to new location".  Unchecked everything except "find and Replace".  Replaced just the first part of the path (let's say from NAS to NAS1).  The remainder of the path is the same for both NAS and NAS1 (NAS1 is my backup location).  Played a few of the 10 files from the new location.. no problem.  Went back to Rename Move Copy and did a Find and Replace back to the original (NAS1 to NAS).  Again MC now has duplicate entries for the 10 tracks ( with the exact same filename/path... NAS\Music\Artist\Name).

I'm sure this is not intended behavior, so I thought I'd let you all know.
Pages: [1]   Go Up