More > Music and Movie Services

I got Qobuz to work with JRiver DSP and DLNA/UPnP

(1/3) > >>

bodiebill:
... albeit a bit crooked. Here is how I managed with MC28 (running on a Windows PC) in my somewhat unusual setup:

1 Activate Media Network (including the renderer function)
2 Activate WDM (Options - General - Features - select WDM driver)
3 BubbleUPnP on my Android now sees JRiver as renderer
4 Select Qobuz as library in BubbleUPnP
5 Play a track from Qobuz
6 This track now appears in the default player in JRiver
7 Drag this track to an external renderer -- in my case APlayer Media Renderer -- that appears on the left in JRiver

and the music plays with JRiver DSP applied.

I do not have a DAC connected to the PC on which JRiver is running, however I assume that in that case, it would be even easier, as it could be set as default player in step 6, with no need for step 7.

But as I cannot use a local DAC but have to use a DLNA/UPnP renderer, I have this question:
Is it possible in that case to automate 6 and 7, without the need for dragging? I.e. have the music routed to the external renderer automatically?

bodiebill:
No one? I guess it is not possible?

bodiebill:
Ah some progress:
I linked the default player in JRiver to the renderer. Now when I choose a song in Qobuz it automatically adds it to the renderer's playlist. So all I have to do is hit Play -- dragging between players is no longer needed.
Not a complete solution, but better than nothing.

adnut:
Thanks for reporting what you found. I am also trying same using JRiver v26, enabled WDM, linked local default "Player" and Oppo 105 as DLNA renderer.  DSP on Player uses JRiver processing engine and shows DSP setting applied. However, DSP and JRiver processing engine do not work on the remote DLNA device. When I click on DSP Studio icon on Oppo renderer (3 small horizontal lines on right) I get a message:

"Information
DSP Studio is only available for local zones"

Could you confirm if DSP settings are really applied on your remote DLNA renderer?

bodiebill:
Yes, however you have to set DSP via Media Network - Add or Configure DLNA - Audio Mode (Specified output format) - Advanced (DSP).
Not very intuitive, I admit.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version