More > Music and Movie Services

I got Qobuz to work with JRiver DSP and DLNA/UPnP

<< < (3/3)

bodiebill:
Perhaps your setup was after all different from the one I described in the first post. In my case I use BubbleUPnP to send one track only to JRiver where it appears in the local player. Then I send this one track via UPnP to the renderer. DSP is applied that way, that is unmistakable.

Maybe the fact that you could send a whole album confirms that your setup was different, as my limit was 1 track at the time: sending a new track overwrites the previous one.

mrpro:

--- Quote from: bodiebill on May 28, 2022, 06:18:25 am ---... albeit a bit crooked. Here is how I managed with MC28 (running on a Windows PC) in my somewhat unusual setup:

1 Activate Media Network (including the renderer function)
2 Activate WDM (Options - General - Features - select WDM driver)
3 BubbleUPnP on my Android now sees JRiver as renderer
4 Select Qobuz as library in BubbleUPnP
5 Play a track from Qobuz
6 This track now appears in the default player in JRiver
7 Drag this track to an external renderer -- in my case APlayer Media Renderer -- that appears on the left in JRiver

and the music plays with JRiver DSP applied.

It's even easier in Linux. I also have a somewhat unusual approach. Since the Linux kernel has virtual machine built right in, I installed Android for PC as a virtual machine on my Ubuntu Studio machine, and I use BubbleUPnP to stream Quobuz in its highest quality mode to Media Center on Ubuntu Studio as my renderer. This eliminates the need to use a separate box or a phone to run Android. Since BubbleUPnP allows me to bypass all processing, I am basically redirecting the stream without  using the Android sound system at all to JRiver's DSP which uses ALSA, far superior to Android sound. I can  play a continuous playlist of 3 or 4 hours at a time.

I have a very acoustically difficult listening room, and in addition to extensive sound treatment, I rely heavily on JRiver's convolver capabilities to make the listening room usable.

I do use a separate high end DAC, and I upsample the highest quality mode in Quobuz to 384kHz, 32 bit before being sent to my DAC. Sounds superb.
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version