INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: some "zones" help please....  (Read 779 times)

Marko

some "zones" help please....
« on: March 14, 2003, 12:03:50 am »

I have a Creative audigy player soundcard, with 5.1 speakers around the pc. The speaker amp is connected to the cards spdif socket.
I have a feed going to the video from the 'front' out jack on the card to the phono inputs on the video, which is in turn connected to the HiFi.
If I want to watch a DVD or video file on the TV, I pop open the audigy's control panel and untick "digital output only" and sound then goes through the 'front' jack and is available on either the tv or the hifi. The only niggle I have with this is that all pc sounds are piped through regardless.
Is it possible for me to set this up in such a way that only music (or movie soundtrack) went this way, and all other sounds get sent to the pc speakers?

Forgive me if this sounds dumb, or the above setup appears a little "cludgy", I'm only just beginning to explore the available sound options and possibilities and feel I may have much to learn.

Thanks for reading. Marko.

Bartabedian

• Galactic Citizen
Re: some "zones" help pl
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2003, 05:33:27 am »

System sounds go through your OS default output which is set in the control panel-sound settings.
Assign the default as the PC output.
Pages: [1]   Go Up