INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Does DSP Studio work over DLNA?  (Read 407 times)

TheGreatBiguini

• Junior Woodchuck
Does DSP Studio work over DLNA?
« on: May 29, 2022, 05:02:38 am »

I use MC 28 and 29 to stream via dlna to a PS Audio Bridge. When I set the zone to "player", configure DSP, then play to the bridge, it appears that DSP is not being applied - "Audio Path" says "not using JRiver audio engine." I also have "specified output format" set.

If DPS over dlna does not work, this would be a pretty major reason for me to go back to USB. But is there a way?

TheGreatBiguini

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Does DSP Studio work over DLNA?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2022, 07:36:22 am »

EDIT: I have set the options under "add or configure DLNA servers" to "specified out output format" and "24-bit PCM and now under the 'advanced' tab, DSP studio does come up. It is still not showing though in "Audio Path" but that is not an issue as long as DSP is being applied, which I will confirm aurally.

TheGreatBiguini

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2022, 02:01:01 pm »

.. and the answer is: yes it is definitely working, just not being 'reported' as such in the Audio Path window. So, not a signficant issue of course.

An easier way to access the DSP studio screen when playing to a remote zone would be nice to have, but the important thing is that it's there and it works.

Scobie

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Looking Busy
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2022, 06:14:14 pm »

Nice work.

Also a Wiki entry that links to a similar forum thread here: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/DSP_Over_DLNA

Pages: [1]   Go Up