INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theater View in MC29  (Read 261 times)

sla

• Junior Woodchuck
Theater View in MC29
« on: May 30, 2022, 03:27:49 pm »

Ok so I finally updated my Audio Server from MC 19 and Win 7 to MC 29 and Win 10... I am using customized Theater View.

I am controlling that machine with Universal Remote Control with learned codes from Windows Media Center remote... I backed Theater View in previous versions and restored in new. Couple issues that I hope somebody can help me with:

1. Play button acts differently. It used to be discrete now is Play/Pause. Let me explain: It used to be when one song was playing, I could navigate to another album and hit play on another song (or another album) and it will start new song... Now not now it pauses the current song... and I either had to hit stop and then play or use drop down menu to hit play... that makes no sense to me... is there a setting I am missing to revert to previous functionality?

2a. Very small issue: Fonts have changed? They are larger now... How come these was not preserved in the settings?

2b. Small issue: The background images are now pushed? I just used to have a fixed background image and cover art but now it seems JRiver reads the cover folders from previous/similar albums and displays it as a transparent layer over background... how to turn that off?

3. JRiver starts very slow... Let me explain... I have setup such that when I press remote on button the machine starts and boots into windows and then JRiver loads automatically in Theater View Mode... Previously JRiver started right away... now it is painstakingly slow (like7-9 seconds slow)... I log automatic with a user and then it waits 7-9 seconds before JRiver starts... so for 7-9 sec I see windows desktop which is annoying... I prefer not to see Windows desktop at all... Could there be some settings in JRiver to prioritize start up? (like it loads first before anything else)?

Any help appreciated... especially with 1. 

JRiver on Silent/Fanless STREACOM FC5 EVO -> DSD through Firewire on Mytek 192 DSD -> CODA 05r pre/CODA 10.5 amp -> Sonics Amerigo Speakers
Pages: [1]   Go Up