INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No Audio From Chromecasts  (Read 701 times)

konkeydong75

• World Citizen
No Audio From Chromecasts
« on: May 25, 2022, 11:11:17 am »

I can see all of my CCA devices under playing now, but when playing audio to them, I hear the initial chirp from the device to state that something is casting to it, then nothing else.

In the MC interface, the track appears to be playing for about 6 seconds and then stops.

This one has me scratching my head a bit, has anyone got any ideas?

Am using MC 20.0.50 and and Bubble UPnP 0.9-update43. All devices have been restarted.

markf2748

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: No Audio From Chromecasts
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2022, 02:05:55 pm »

Am using MC 20.0.50 ...
Typo?  If not, update to MC 29.0.50 (at least on a trial basis).

Communication is established, but cannot be maintained.  Try working through this list:
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,132552.msg918507.html#msg918507

konkeydong75

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2022, 03:06:49 pm »

Lol, yes definitely a typo!

I am already on 29.0.50.

I have worked through the suggestions on the list, and there was a mention of Whitebear DMRA.

This sees and connects to devices (CCA and Google Nest Mini speaker) but again no sound is played.

I may be missing a trick with Whitebear as I'm not 100 sure of exactly how to use it though!

Scobie

• MC Beta Team
  • Looking Busy
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2022, 08:38:41 pm »

If you have set up Bubble/CC as a DLNA renderer, make sure that under DLNA Controller Options "Disable SetNext Support" is checked and all other options are unchecked.

markf2748

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2022, 12:34:44 am »

I agree with @Scobie's settings for communication protocol options with CCA.  If still no sound:

I have worked through the suggestions on the list, and there was a mention of Whitebear DMRA.

This sees and connects to devices (CCA and Google Nest Mini speaker) but again no sound is played.

I may be missing a trick with Whitebear as I'm not 100 sure of exactly how to use it though!
Whitebear's GUI is a little quirky.  WB can play an inspiring short musical segment, and can also test a long list of audio formats in which case it plays short tones.  To do the former:
After startup and presumed detection of your renderers, it may still be necessary to go to upper right corner and check "Use Windows Discovery", then "Select a Media Renderer" which initiates another round of discovery.  Select a renderer from the popup discovery window and it should then display the screen shown below and, hopefully, start playing the inspirational musical segment.  If desired, you can run additional tests, but should not be necessary.  Note that all this works whether or not MC Server and MC are running; of course BubbleUPnP must be running properly to "create" the DLNA renderers.

If WB plays sound, but MC only plays brief connection beeps, it may mean the renderer and MC/Bubble cannot agree on an audio format. Check MC Options > Media Network > Add or Configure DLNA Servers > Audio and try settings shown in picture below (they work reliably for me; PCM 24-bit also works).

konkeydong75

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2022, 05:46:19 am »

If you have set up Bubble/CC as a DLNA renderer, make sure that under DLNA Controller Options "Disable SetNext Support" is checked and all other options are unchecked.

I have looked but for the life of me I can't find that setting in Bubble or MC.

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2022, 07:16:07 am »

I have looked but for the life of me I can't find that setting in Bubble or MC.
Right click on the DLNA device in Playing Now, then select DLNA Controller Options.

konkeydong75

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2022, 08:55:46 am »

Thanks for the help to all who replied - I have this sorted now.

The issue I was having with Whitebear was that I could not see any media to test with in the renderer tests tab. If I checked the "apply filter" box then unchecked it again, the grid populated and I could see the files to test with so could check what was possible and what was not.

The general issue I was having was to due the Chromecast devices being in a separate VLAN. They have always been setup this way and I have not had any issue previously when sending media from a Chromecast-enabled app, but using Bubblesoft it did not seem to work.

Anyway, I captured a little traffic to see what was going on, added a couple of firewall rules and all is working as expected now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up