INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Opus Tags  (Read 668 times)

aseimel

Opus Tags
« on: May 08, 2022, 12:40:27 pm »

Hello Everyone,

I have a question about opus tagging support. I am testing JRiver right now to see if I want to move from foobar. I have a library of about 10.000 multi channel opus files (up/downmixed to 4.1 using penteo). While all my files are nicely tagged in foobar when I load them into jriver only about 1000 of them have the right tag the rest is just unassigned.

I thought opus tags are supported are they not? Does anybody have an idea on how to fix this. I don't really have any non copyrighted file I could share to demonstrate the issue.

regards,
Armin

w_axlrose1

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Opus Tags
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2022, 06:50:05 am »

I've not used Opus as a format but my understanding is they use Vorbis comment so would assume JRiver would be able to read the information.

Has Foobar actually written the tag information to the Opus files themselves or does it maintain it's own database with the tags stored separately?

aseimel

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2022, 03:37:55 am »

I just gave up am using a different encoding now

sla

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2022, 05:17:17 pm »

You can also use Mp3Tag https://www.mp3tag.de/en/ to batch convert tags... which I usually do...
JRiver on Silent/Fanless STREACOM FC5 EVO -> DSD through Firewire on Mytek 192 DSD -> CODA 05r pre/CODA 10.5 amp -> Sonics Amerigo Speakers

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2022, 12:50:15 am »

If you could get us any file that doesn't work, I would investigate, but alas otherwise I'm not quite sure how to diagnose this any further.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters
Pages: [1]   Go Up