INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to organize video with MC9?  (Read 778 times)

Zoner

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
How to organize video with MC9?
« on: March 13, 2003, 07:31:48 am »

I've now got over 200 videos on my hard disk, and have started using MC9 exclusively to watch them, which is fantastic.  However it's getting increasingly hard to find the video I want to watch, so I decided today it's time to get organized, and split them up into a tree of directories.  I then went into MC9 and tried to make a view which reflects the directory structure on the disk, but couldn't work it out.  Anyone know how to do this?

Another thing: it seems like MC9's fields are much better setup for audio than video.  For video, I'd want fields like genre, director, MPAA rating, etc.  For TV, I'd want numeric fields for "series" and "episode", as well as a field indicating that it is TV (as opposed to a movie).  Am I missing something here?

akak718

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: How to organize video with MC9?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2003, 08:34:33 pm »

I too primarily use MC for video. You certainly can set up the view to show your directory structure.  Right click on Media Library in the tree and choose Add New View Scheme. The hit the add button and choose Filename. In the base directory field, put the path to the top level directory that contains all your video files.

Now, as far as fields, I just use the audio fields. I put episode number in track number, series name in Artist, Season number in Album. Obviously name, genre, and year translate directly. I agree it would be nice to have more video friendly fields, especially since this is intended to be an all-purpose media player.

-Lou
Pages: [1]   Go Up