INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help accessing Media Center remotely on Synology NAS  (Read 1187 times)

joetiii

• World Citizen
Help accessing Media Center remotely on Synology NAS
« on: June 09, 2022, 11:15:12 am »

OK so I have MC28 set up properly and running Shiomax in docker on my Synology NAS. Can't believe it took me this long, but hey I love it. I am heading out of town for a few months and would like to access my media remotely, but have problems.

First off, I AM able to log in to my Synology via their QuickConnect set up and I have my Asus router setup with port forwarding at 52199 internally with the external port set at 53. This configuration worked properly and I was able to access my music files remotely when I was using MC26 on my laptop. However, things change,

I know I have to enable the Synology NAS to allow 52199 to come through from router and need assistance with this. Currently, my Synology set up the following way.

When I test this connection via Synology, I get a failure. I am unsure what I need to do next so I am reaching out to the community who is more knowedgeable at this sort of thing.

I appreciate any insight you can give me.

joetiii

• World Citizen
Re: Help accessing Media Center remotely on Synology NAS
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2022, 03:03:20 pm »

Any idea why my synology NAS automatically assigns router ports when I have assigned 53 on my Asus router when port forwarding?

Should I assign the ports on my router that synology has auto assigned,  rather than my manually assigned port 53?

HaWi

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Help accessing Media Center remotely on Synology NAS
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2022, 08:27:31 am »

Any idea why my synology NAS automatically assigns router ports when I have assigned 53 on my Asus router when port forwarding?

Should I assign the ports on Mr router that synology has auto assigned,  rather than my manually assigned port 53?
They are trying to make it easier to allow access from devices. I'm sure there is a way to prevent that but I don't know right off the top of my head. I'd  suggest just to use the ports the NAS assigns automatically. My router (eero) doesn't support this feature so I can assign my own ports on the DS 1819+
rPi5/8GB, Debian 12 Bookworm on SSD | JRMark (32.0.45 64 bit): 2788
MacBookPro (2013), 2.6 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7, MacOS 11.7.17 | JRMark (32.0.44 64 bit): 3706
Mac Studio M2 Max, 64GB, 1TB SSD, macOS Sonoma 14.5 | JRMark (32.0.44 64 bit): 9135
Docker Container (shiomax) DS1819+ | JRMark (32.0.45 64 bit): 1260
JRemote 3.43
MO 4Media 1.5.7 | Marantz SR7007 (RSL 5.1) HDMI to MacBookPro
Pages: [1]   Go Up