INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Using an Android device to control another Android device...  (Read 964 times)

fredhammersmith

• World Citizen

I'll probably end up by buying a JRiver id...
but in the meantime, I'm trying to achieve something for a small celebration tomorrow night.. And I am easily confused by network configurations.

I have JRiver Media Center 28 on a PC in the basement, with my 6 To of music on internal drives.
On another floor, I have active speakers, fed by a small Behringer mixer.
I have an Android tablet, with JRemote 2, linked to JRiver's Media Server. Perfect. I also have an Android phone, also with JRemote 2, linked to JRiver's Media Server.

My Android tablet is hooked to the Behringer mixer. Wonderful, perfect. Not hifi, but for a small gathering, it will be perfect.

Now what I would like to do is to control the Android tablet with my Android phone. Using the phone to remote control the tablet, since I do not want to stay there near the mixing board.

Feasible?

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Using an Android device to control another Android device...
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2022, 01:37:34 pm »

I've not tried it but maybe AirDroid and AirMirror?

markf2748

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Using an Android device to control another Android device...
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2022, 02:17:54 pm »

My Android tablet is hooked to the Behringer mixer. Wonderful, perfect. Not hifi, but for a small gathering, it will be perfect.

Now what I would like to do is to control the Android tablet with my Android phone. Using the phone to remote control the tablet, since I do not want to stay there near the mixing board.Feasible?
Have you tried running the free Bubble Android app on your Android tablet? It may enable the MC server to remotely play music on your tablet -- is that what you are looking for (of course it does not give full control of the tablet)?
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bubblesoft.android.bubbleupnp&hl=en_US&gl=US

I don't have an Android tablet to test.  But when Bubble app runs on my Android phone, then the phone appears as a DLNA zone, like any other, to my MC Server, which then makes the phone available as a renderer to its MC clients.  So I'm thinking that Bubble app might similarly present your tablet as a DLNA zone to your MC Server, and also make it available as a renderer to Android MC players such as JRemote2, JRiver Panel, and MO 4Media which connect to your server's library (note:  Bubble app also runs a server on your phone, but I don't think that is relevant here).

BTW, the Bubble app itself is a reliable and respectable player.  It often works when other players fail for various reasons.  $4.99 buys a license which unlocks additional features and removes ads from the Bubble app (I don't regret purchasing it long ago):
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bubblesoft.android.bubbleupnp.unlocker&hl=en_US&gl=US

There is also an app "JRiver for Android", which might provide the same functionality.  I have not tried it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up