INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver MC 29 - Bug in Tabular Display of Artist - Field Value not fully shown  (Read 558 times)

decker

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile

Hello,

after importing flac files with a long artist field the field values are not fully displayed. That is they are shortend to a value ending with "...". (See attachment)

There would be more space in the column so there is no need to shorten the value.
And: If the value of artist is changed (e.g. a blanc added and remove) and saved there is no abbreviation before the column end anymore. That is probably how it should be.

Why this is of importance for me: I want to edit meta data of all flac files at ounce in case the have the same artists. But this is difficult because I only see a small part.

May be there is time to change this.

Thanks and best regards

Thomas

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!

If you F2 to edit the value, what's the full text of the first values in your screenshot?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

decker

• Recent member

The full text of the artist field is:
Jean-Philippe Rameau, Composer Le Concert d'Astrée, Orchestra Emmanuelle Haim, Conductor, MainArtist Louis de Cahusac, Poet

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!

The full text of the artist field is:
Jean-Philippe Rameau, Composer Le Concert d'Astrée, Orchestra Emmanuelle Haim, Conductor, MainArtist Louis de Cahusac, Poet

For me that value goes right up to where we switch to "..." in all cases.  I made the artist column lots of widths.

So all that empty space is a riddle to me.

I almost wonder if there's a non-printable character in the string?  You could try copying and pasting from here to remove anything like that.  Still shorter than it needs to be?

Thanks.

decker

• Recent member

I just checked: The original field value from QOBUZ includes unprintable characters CR+LF as a delimiter between artists.
Copying the value in the flac file to Notepad++ I got this:

So the problem is caused by QOBUZ. But may be it's an idea to look for CR+LF or CR delimters or give the user a choice.

Thanks for your help.
Thomas

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!

I added something that could help to "Clean File Properties" recently.  It now has a "Remove newlines" option.  You could run that on your files.
Pages: [1]   Go Up