INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [BUG] Subtitles not displayed  (Read 558 times)

bogdanbz

• World Citizen
[BUG] Subtitles not displayed
« on: June 12, 2022, 02:28:09 pm »

I just run into a case where subtitles are not displayed at all, not even if you try to force them with Subtitles -> Browse from the context menu. MPC-BE displays the subtitle just fine.

I attached the subtitle file here.

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: [BUG] Subtitles not displayed
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2022, 07:34:45 am »

I put these subs next to any video with the same name, selected them in the subtitle menu, and they seem to show just fine. Any hints?
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

bogdanbz

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2022, 08:31:38 am »

Maybe it's the custom fonts that are triggering the issue? I've attached them here. Please install them only for your user, not for all, and chose not to replace existing fonts (as many are standard Windows fonts).

I'm trying to use them with a m2ts file that's inside a BluRay STREAM folder, with a double-click on the m2ts file from Windows Explorer. This works for other files, but not for this file.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2022, 08:50:32 am »

Installed the fonts and still seems fine here. Both the subtitles as well as the signage shows up.
With Blu-ray content make sure its actually running the file directly and not going through the navigation logic. Although if you can force the subtitle to be loaded through the "Browse" command it should work regardless (unless you are in menu mode, but you would have noticed that, i guess)
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

bogdanbz

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2022, 03:12:59 pm »

I found what triggers the issue in MC: when the folder name containing the video file and the subtitle file contains Japanese characters.

1. a folder named "cute" in Japanese かわいい containing a mkv file with a subtitle file included: double-click on the media file in Windows Explorer and MC has no issues, it's displaying the subtitle fine;
2. a folder named "cute" in Japanese かわいい containing any video file and an external subtitle file (like the one I attached to the previous post): a double-click on the media file in Windows Explorer and MC does not render the subtitle file and does not show it as available in the Subtitles menu either.

Any folder name with Japanese characters in it can be used, the issue is always present. I guess it might also happen when using Latin characters but not in the Windows 1252 code page or something, but I did not try.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2022, 01:21:49 am »

Thanks, that should be fixed in an upcoming build.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

bogdanbz

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2022, 11:59:03 am »

Thank you for the fix, it's working fine now in build 65.
Pages: [1]   Go Up