INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Marking a video as "watched" in a MC27 client  (Read 1088 times)

MAS-Indy

• Recent member
Marking a video as "watched" in a MC27 client
« on: June 26, 2022, 12:02:16 pm »

I have recently begun using MC27 (previously only used for audio files) as a server for my "video" collection (movies and TV shows).
I have the Media Server residing on a Win10 PC on the LAN, and I am using an installation of MC27 on my HTPC (also Win10) strictly as a client in order to evaluate it against Kodi and Plex HTPC, both of which have their pluses and minuses at this time.

The "issue" I am having with MC27 as a client on the HTPC is what appears to be a convenient way of marking and displaying videos as "watched", especially when it comes to TV series. Am I missing something here? If so, tutor me on what I should be doing to make this happen, because at present, MC27 solves ALL of the minuses I am having with Kodi and Plex if this "watched" issue can be resolved.

Thanks.

Note: I posted this in the wrong forum this morning. Reposting here.

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Marking a video as "watched" in a MC27 client
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2022, 12:30:09 am »

If you setup authentication on the server, then clients can get write-access and sync back playback stats. And it should start working automatically to mark things you have watched or listened to.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

MAS-Indy

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2022, 10:28:03 am »

If you setup authentication on the server, then clients can get write-access and sync back playback stats. And it should start working automatically to mark things you have watched or listened to.

So, if that works, does it propagate that throughout all clients, so that a client on another box would see that video as being "watched", even though they might not have watched it?

Also, is their a way to mark a video (or a group of videos, i.e. an entire TV series, or season) "watched" without having to actually watch it? I can do that on Kodi and the Plex HTPC client I am running on the same box.

Scobie

• MC Beta Team
  • Looking Busy
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2022, 11:31:30 pm »

Yes, the "Watched" formatting function in the MC Expression Language does this:

https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Formatting_Functions#Watched

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2022, 02:27:18 am »

The watched state will populate to all clients. And you can select a file in standard view and in the right click menu use "Library Tools -> Mark as Played" to mark any file as previously watched.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters
Pages: [1]   Go Up