INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do Zones Work?  (Read 876 times)

vbphil

• World Citizen
How do Zones Work?
« on: June 12, 2022, 12:12:59 pm »

Zones aren't the easiest concept to figure out and barely no documentation.

I'd like to play the Player (local PC) and a dynamic zone that pops up for my patio Sony TV. I can play to the TV from it's own playing now but how do I play both devices synchronized to the same playing now? Also, what are zone Links and Groups?

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Hoisted by his own petard - Lock him up!
Re: How do Zones Work?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2022, 04:33:27 pm »

I am by no means a zones expert, but I did find this on MC's wiki https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/ZoneLink regarding linking zones:
To link two zones, just drag one onto the other. If anything is playing in either zone, both should begin to play it in a few seconds. Anything you choose to play in either zone will now play in both. More than two zones can be linked.

And here is a thread from MC28 where blgentry takes a shot at describing the difference between links and groups:
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,131592.msg912478.html#msg912478

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2022, 06:02:05 pm »

Right click on Player and Link To Sony TV.  They will play the same thing, but they will not be totally in sync.  Assuming the Sony TV is DLNA, you may need to adjust the DLNA settings to play depending on the format.

vbphil

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2022, 09:53:47 am »

Right click on Player and Link To Sony TV.  They will play the same thing, but they will not be totally in sync.  Assuming the Sony TV is DLNA, you may need to adjust the DLNA settings to play depending on the format.

So I have the Linking working most of the time. It doesn't work well from my Laptop MC when it is connected to an MC Library on another PC. It starts playing in both zones but fairly out of sync and the Laptop MC losses all control. That is not the way to do it, but it was just an experiment. If I originate the Zone linking from the MC on my PC it all works fine.

lello

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2022, 01:07:35 am »

To link two zones, just drag one onto the other. If anything is playing in either zone, both should begin to play it in a few seconds. Anything you choose to play in either zone will now play in both. More than two zones can be linked.

But to me it works only for audio files and not for video: someone managed to play a video on 2 zones simultaneously?
Pages: [1]   Go Up