INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC's Split View Options  (Read 476 times)

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Hoisted by his own petard - Lock him up!
MC's Split View Options
« on: June 17, 2022, 07:04:49 pm »

I've always thought MC's ability to divide up the content area into multiple panels (via splitting it with columns or rows) was a fantastic option. The problem is, I have never come up with a combination of ways to fill them that I have ever felt compelled to maintain the layout.

For those of you who always use split views, how do you have it organized? I would love to get some new ideas to take advantage of this great functionality!

marko

• MC Beta Team
Re: MC's Split View Options
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2022, 11:03:57 pm »

For those of you who always use split views, how do you have it organized? I would love to get some new ideas to take advantage of this great functionality!
Before anyone replies properly, could I hop on here with a question of my own too? (thanks :))
I abandoned the use of split views several years ago, because, I found it too frustrating that certain actions in MC would cause the the 'active' split to switch, and if that happened and you didn't notice, file operations were being targetted at the wrong selection.
Is that random "active split" switching thing still, a thing?

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2022, 11:29:44 pm »

I know exactly what you're talking about, and that is another reason that I struggle to make myself use it.  That said, if someone here posts a particularly awesome way to organize the panels, and it extends the feature set in a highly usable way, then it would be worth pressing JRiver to address the random switching of the active Split panel.

On the other hand, if there is virtually no feedback for good ways to use it, then that would lead me down another path. I have been experimenting with some other media players just to see the state of play these days, and some of them have some really slick side panel usage.  These other players cannot compare to JRiver and most every other aspect, but in this particular area they excel.  I've been thinking about how some of that functionality could be incorporated into JRiver by modifying how the split panels work currently.

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2022, 07:34:46 am »

I am surprised there is not been a single response on how people like/use MC's split views.  I figured I would reply myself to move this to the top in the event people missed it the first go around.

If this is indicative that few people use this feature, perhaps the developers would be open to some ideas on how to repurpose its functionality?
Pages: [1]   Go Up