INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Library Differences Between Two Machines  (Read 715 times)

shapiro123

• Recent member
Library Differences Between Two Machines
« on: July 16, 2022, 01:41:56 pm »

I have JR28 running on two devices: a Win11 VM under Parallels on an iMac and a Nimitra streamer running Win10. Both import from the same two Synology NAS drives.

The VM connects via Ethernet and the Nimitra via WiFi, which is the only meaningful difference between the two.

The JR28 configurations are essentially identical.

The VM instance imports all 11TB of music files from the NAS with no issues.

The Nimitra library size tops out at 9.8TB, and this morning this dropped to 8.8TB then 8.4TB on consecutive imports. NOTHING CHANGED ON THE NAS DRIVES! Note these results were with UNC paths in Auto-Import on the Nimitra. (I’m trying now using mapped drive letters to see if that helps.)

ignore Removed Files is OFF on both instances of JR28. There is plenty of available disk space on the Nimitra.

I am a long time user of JR, and this problem is of recent origin. I’ve tried clearing the library on the Nimitra and starting from scratch, which didn’t help.

I’m really stumped at this point.

Has anyone else run into this problem? If so, how did you resolve it?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

Look at auto import settings.  They may not be importing the same directories or the same file types.

shapiro123

• Recent member

Thanks. I verified they are.

shapiro123

• Recent member

BTW, the import using drive letters instead of UNC paths finished with essentially the same result: 1.2TB+ of files are “missed” by the import process.

shapiro123

• Recent member
Re: Library Differences Between Two Machines
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2022, 05:25:29 pm »

I found am old posting in Interact from 2012(!) reporting a similar problem. In that case some of the users media files were marked as system files, which JR did not import. That doesn’t seem to be the case here, as the JR instance on Win11 VM imports all files from the same NASes.

I’m going to try creating a new library and importing to that one.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2022, 05:37:35 pm »

You're missing something in auto-import.  Maybe a file-type.

shapiro123

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2022, 01:12:03 pm »

I double-checked, and the same file types are selected on both instances of JR. Jim, any other ideas? Thank you.

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2022, 01:21:40 pm »

I would suggest that you compare the two systems and see if there is a pattern as to what is missing - a specific file type, specific folders, long file names or whatever?  If there is a pattern that will help narrow down the problem.

shapiro123

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2022, 09:18:12 pm »

I want to share these screenshots from the two machines to see if they may provide any clues. The Win11 instance imports all files (even though I intentionally set it not to Fix Broken Links for the most recent import, thinking perhaps some of the files in the library were "orphans"). The Nimitra still imports only 8.8TB of 11TB. I checked for long filenames and found none.

dtc, is there an "automated" way to do what you suggest in your post?

Thanks.

Seth

leezer3

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2022, 04:38:44 am »

You would appear not to have all video types selected on the Windows 11 machine.  [misnamed screenshot?]
Look at the checkbox- It's a little square thingy, as opposed to the tick on the Windows 10 machine.
Pages: [1]   Go Up