INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Clicking on "Play" Starts All Movies  (Read 319 times)

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Hoisted by his own petard - Lock him up!
Clicking on "Play" Starts All Movies
« on: July 08, 2022, 08:16:34 pm »

When hovering over movie or TV series thumbnail, a play text link appears/overlays the bottom of the thumbnail. Clicking on that link starts the movie, but it also adds every movie in the library to the playing now queue. Conversely, if you right-click on the movie/TV series thumbnail and select Play from the context menu, it also starts the movie, but it only puts that single movie into the playing now queue.

My expectation is that in both cases, only the movie where play is initiated is the only one added to the playing now queue.  This weird behavior has been present since the very beginning of my using MC in 2007.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Clicking on "Play" Starts All Movies
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2022, 07:18:53 am »

Try changing the behavior in Tools > Options > General > Behavior.

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
  • Hoisted by his own petard - Lock him up!
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2022, 08:15:04 am »

I have tweaked all those settings over the years, and there is no combination that changes the behavior I described.

In addition, when hovering over a single audio album thumbnail, clicking the "play" text link behaves as one would expect… That is, only that single album is put into the playing now queue. It makes no sense that movies would behave differently. Why would anybody want to load their entire movie library into the playing now queue anyway?  I don't think even the world's biggest movie buff would want to watch several hundred movies one after another  :P

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2022, 08:55:18 am »

I agree. For me this behavior is not what I as a user would expect. If I have selected file and press that "Play" in the UI I would expect that only selected files would be added to playing now. MC currently and has always added everything which is shown in the filtered view to the playing now. The other menu items there (menu, tag)  only concerns the one which have been selected so "play" also behaves different than the others
Pages: [1]   Go Up