INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Limits to Length of Line In Recordings  (Read 883 times)

Curtis

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
Limits to Length of Line In Recordings
« on: March 05, 2003, 11:09:59 am »

I sometimes record long files off the radio for later listening, up to 5 hours. Two problems:
1. I can't scroll into such a program beyond about 1hr 45 minutes. Doing so, jumps the play scrollbar back to the beginning, no sound, and a minus 37 minutes or so indicated on the status line. Same with Fast Forward; sounds like a variable isn't large enough to hold long time values.
2. Media Scheduler is starting recording okay, but is not stopping the recording at the designated time (just keeps recording...).

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Limits to Length of Line In Recordings
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2003, 05:57:30 am »

I believe our playback engine is limited to a about 1.75 hours of duration for reliable operation on a single track. I don't think this will be changed for version 9.

You could select the "track splitting" option in the sound recorder. This would split up the recording into rather arbitrary segments but if you play all the segments in the "album" together with "between tracks" set to "gapless", it should sound like there are no divisions in the playback.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

Curtis

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2003, 07:04:56 pm »

I'm willing to use the track splitting feature, but it's not working for me. I've set it to 60 minutes max, but the recording stays as one track. Add to that that the Media Scheduler is starting but not stopping at the specified times, and I've come back to find an 11 hour file of a radio program (still recording until I manually Stop it). If these two aspects are fixed I guess I can live with the lack of a long single track, and there are certain strengths to shorter tracks. Ultimately, it would be nice to have a choice to make longer tracks.

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2003, 03:08:48 am »

Try lowering the value of  Minimum gap between tracks - maybe try 1500. Set Minimum track length to zero. Uncheck Trim silence from gaps. Maybe increase your recording volume and/or raise your Maximum gap level.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up