Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: IMatch  (Read 800 times)

Phydeaux

• World Citizen
  • No comment... ;)
IMatch
« on: March 11, 2003, 03:26:52 am »

Has anyone looked at IMatch (www.photools.com)? Any thoughts?

'Twould be nice if MC could steal emulate some of those functions :)

P.
"Evil will always triumph over Good because Good is dumb." -- Spaceballs

NoCodeUK

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: IMatch
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2003, 03:54:06 am »

Customised Contact Sheets creation would be nice...
Hierachical categories looks nice although I guess this could probably be achieved using playlists, playlist groups and view schemes in MC...

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2003, 04:02:42 am »

Had a look some time ago, although some nice features, I found it very complex and not so intuitive!

rocketsauce

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2003, 09:34:46 am »

I've been playing around with the IMatch demo recently after reading about some of the problems people were having with the new Photoshop Album from Adobe.

I actually had tried the demo last year and at the time thought it was too complex and not very intuitive. This time, for some reason it all made sense.

I think part of the problem, being a Windows user, is that you get stuck in to thinking that organizing files in hierarchical folders (like Windows Explorer) is the best way. Once you "free" your mind if this preconception, IMatch's system suddenly makes a lot more sense and is more easy to use.

This is not to say that the software isn't complex. There seem to be a lot of features that are targeted towards professional users who may be managing hundreds of thousands of images.

Anyway, I like the software, but am not sure if I'm going to buy it. I'm thinking I might wait and see how MCs image capabilites develop and what the next version of Adobe Photoshop Album holds.

IMatch user forum: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/imatchuserforum/

Rob

Listening to: 'Between Sun & Moon' from 'Counterparts' by 'Rush' on Media Center 9.0
Pages: [1]   Go Up