Windows > Television

ATSC 3.0 Support

(1/13) > >>

JimH:
ATSC 3.0 is the latest standard in television.  It provides some interactive features, some streaming features ("catchup TV", for example, and is generally more reliable than ATSC 1.0, which we think of as "digital TV".

It's available in some market areas in the U.S. now.  More are coming.

JRiver Media Center 30 supports it now.

More About ATSC 3.0
TomsHardware

Wikipedia

Instructions
Please see Yaobing's post below:
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,133604.msg936484.html#msg936484

JimH:
If anyone is currently using it, please add more about how it works and what you like or don't like.  Thanks.

tzr916:
Quick requirements:
1. HDHomeRun CONNECT 4K (Model HDHR5-4K)
2. Tuner 0 and 1 ONLY
3. MC DMS Tuner Stream ONLY
4. MC JRVR video (I think)

Previously I had only tested recording some channels and playing the files, but most channels have no audio due to AC-4 audio. Had not tried Live Tv yet because I would have to redo my entire tuning method to DMS mode.

EDIT: Just configured the latest beta MC version on my laptop for DMS, and all ATSC 3.0 channels are working with audio and video! I'm getting five channels - noticed the audio on two of them audio is quite a bit louder than the other three. Likely due to the experimental AC-4 audio magic in MC  :)

Yaobing:
It's good to know that playback of DMS channels works.  I am still working on bda channels.

curiousMonkey:
I just downloaded version 29 to give ATSC a try. I decided to just add issues to this thread instead of opening multiple threads in the forum. Please let me know if I need to open individual issues.

1) One ATSC channel (CBS - 113) here in Sacramento does not show up in my guide. I see in the list of favorites but I don't see it in the guide. I played around with the favorites list for a while and disabled all the non ATSC channels except for PBS which does not seem to have ATSC support.

2) Audio balance was incorrect on ABC for Jeopardy and America's Got Talent on NBC, the left channel dominated. FOX was better for So You Think You Can Dance, but I only listened for about 1 minute.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version