Windows > Television

ATSC 3.0 Support

<< < (3/13) > >>

curiousMonkey:
The audio balance is still favoring the left channel in Release 30. I posted here since it seems like the place to track all ATSC issues.

Yaobing:

--- Quote from: tzr916 on October 04, 2022, 09:59:50 am ---I see a lot of Tv related entries in the MC 30 release notes, but it's not clear if ATSC 3.0 BDA is working yet?

--- End quote ---

It works, but there are still a few wrinkles to be ironed out.

To be specific:

Playback of live channels in time-shifting and non-time-shifting works.

Scheduled recordings will work.  Recording will be done in TS format only.  JTV format will not be possible.

It does not work correctly if you tried to watch a channel while a scheduled recording is still going on.  I am working on fixing that.

(EDIT) Also playing a channel from a client does not work if the tuner is only available on the server.

curiousMonkey:
Has anyone else seen the audio issues I have mentioned? The left front channel is dominant and some stations have main channel audio coming from the left rear surround in my 5.1 configuration.

Hendrik:
Can you provide a short recording demonstrating that?

tzr916:

--- Quote from: curiousMonkey on October 13, 2022, 11:37:32 am ---Has anyone else seen the audio issues I have mentioned? The left front channel is dominant and some stations have main channel audio coming from the left rear surround in my 5.1 configuration.

--- End quote ---
Yes but I have not done enough testing to figure out which audio channels are louder than others. I seem to remember this same issue was reported in the silicon dust forums when they first started trying to decode AC-4 audio in their windows app and streaming devices apps. They finally got it sorted out, behind the scenes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version