Windows > Television

ATSC 3.0 Support

<< < (6/13) > >>

tzr916:
Currently ATSC 3.0 tv channels that use AC-4 audio do work in MC30, but all the sound (wrongly) comes out of the left channel speaker, when it should be a 5.1 format (for example). It has been like this for months, and seems to be on the back burner, which is kinda sad. Seems like they don't realize how big this is, I think MC could get a lot of new customers if they could perfect this.

Yaobing:
Just as I posted a few days ago, Hendrik had looked into it but found no easy fix.  We will continue working on it.

Hendrik:
I've made some progress for a build in the near future. Let us know how the experience is with that, I only have very short samples, as I don't have access to ATSC 3.0 myself.

tzr916:

--- Quote from: Hendrik on February 13, 2023, 10:42:54 am ---I've made some progress for a build in the near future. Let us know how the experience is with that, I only have very short samples, as I don't have access to ATSC 3.0 myself.

--- End quote ---
Maybe longer clips will help, so I'm posting 10 minute sample file links from each of my local stations.

Audio for all my ATSC 3.0 stations show up as "Multi In 5.1 PCM" on my AVR. For FOX CBS ABC, all the sound plays out of the LEFT FRONT speaker (at quite a low level), and absolutely nothing plays from the other speakers. But for NBC and (sister station) MyTv, it seems that just the Center Dialog comes from the SURR LEFT speaker (at a very high level), and I actually do get some surround effects from other speakers (at a low level), despite these two stations also showing up as "Multi In 5.1 PCM" on my AVR.

Media Info show the following for all stations:
Format                                   : AC-4
Format/Info                              : Audio Coding 4
Commercial name                          : Dolby AC-4
Substream #1                             : 5.1
 Channel mode                            : 5.1
 Channel layout                          : L R C LFE Ls Rs

EDIT: Video clip links removed

JimH:
Thanks for the clips.

Navigation

[0] Message Index