Windows > Television

ATSC 3.0 Support

<< < (7/13) > >>

Hendrik:
Thanks, those sound fine with the new version to me. Let us know if that matches your experience once build 64 is out.

tzr916:

--- Quote ---30.0.64 (2/17/2023)
1. Fixed: Various improvements to AC-4 audio decoding, including fixed channel mapping and improvements to audio timing to reduce glitches in playback.

--- End quote ---

Video is much smoother, almost no dropped frames. Unfortunately I am getting no sound (AVR shows Multi In 5.1 PCM but silence) for live tv and the recorded samples provided for stations NBC, ABC, CBS, MyTv.... Except for FOX, which has sound and seems like proper channel mapping  ?

Hendrik:
One thing you might want to check is that Output Format is enabled and resampling to a reasonable rate. AC-4 has this peculiar thing that audio uses very obscure sample rates and you are supposed to resample it to a common rate as needed. But the decoder does not do that yet and would rely on Media Center to do that instead.
The easiest setting would be to set both 44.1 and 48k to resample to 44.1 and 48k respectively in output format. This wont cause resampling for any normal audio, but will resample the oddball AC-4 files.

I might look into doing that transparently.

tzr916:

--- Quote ---The easiest setting would be to set both 44.1 and 48k to resample to 44.1 and 48k respectively in output format.
--- End quote ---
That worked. Now have sound on all stations and seems like proper channel mapping. Thank you

curiousMonkey:

--- Quote from: Hendrik on February 17, 2023, 07:01:13 am ---Thanks, those sound fine with the new version to me. Let us know if that matches your experience once build 64 is out.

--- End quote ---
When do you expect to release build 64?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version