INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Several problems  (Read 555 times)

Several problems
« on: October 07, 2022, 09:50:12 am »

Hello everyone! I found several problems:

1. Using JRiver Media Center to play local videos, for example, H264, H265 and other encapsulated type videos, the clarity of the video pixels after playing will be significantly lower. Not as high as the video clarity pixels played using VLC and other system native players.

The mosaic effect is particularly prominent.

2. Internet video through the menu bar: File->Open URL, for example, Open YouTube video URL after playing the video, clarity pixels will also be significantly reduced, not using the native Chrome or Edge or Firefox playback of YouTube video clarity, you can clearly see that the video quality has been reduced by the loss of mosaic

Version: 29.0.87

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Several problems
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2022, 01:20:49 pm »

What are your video settings?  JRVR or madVR?

eve

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2022, 02:47:57 pm »

JRiver configured correctly should look better than VLC out of the box.

Now VLC isn't the inaccurate mess it used to be, sure it was reliable but it was no reference player. What happened was they developed libplacebo which JRVR actually uses under the hood.  However, JRVR vastly simplifies setup of these things for your average joe.

Can you like grab a screenshot of your video playback settings and then the JRVR settings (if you have JRVR enabled).

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2022, 04:59:48 am »

This is the default setting, I didn't change any items?
If this is the correct setting, how do I need to set it up for the best possible video playback?
Pages: [1]   Go Up