More > JRiver Media Center 30 for Windows

NEW: JRVR Video Enhancements in Media Center 30

(1/31) > >>

Hendrik:
JRVR, or JRiver Video Renderer, was created in MC28 and further developed in MC29. It has matured into a proper high-quality video renderer which "just works".

In Media Center 30 there is still more already and more to come!

MC30 Improvements so far
- Built-in deinterlacing independent of the GPU driver (and on all platforms!)
- Performance Presets for an easier setup
- More flexibile scaling options
- Reliability/stability improvements

Planned
- (Maybe) Dolby Vision Enhancement Layer support (for UltraHD Blu-ray discs) (under investigation)

General Video improvements
- Video Analysis, similar to the well known Audio Analysis
  - Cropping information for semi-automated blackbar cropping
  - More metadata in the library (HDR info, and more)
- Tonemapping thumbnails for HDR videos
- HDR -> SDR tonemapping for video conversion and streaming
- (Maybe) HDR video streaming

These are the planned changes, and will be developed during the lifetime of Media Center 30. Not every enhancement named here will be available right away.

What happened in MC29?
You can check what we achieved in MC29 for JRVR here:
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,132317.0.html

jmone:
Great List!

HTPC Videophile:

--- Quote from: Hendrik on August 24, 2022, 03:43:38 pm ---- (Maybe) Dolby Vision Enhancement Layer support (for UltraHD Blu-ray discs)

General Video improvements
- Video Analysis, similar to the well known Audio Analysis
  - Cropping information for semi-automated blackbar cropping
  - More metadata in the library (HDR info, and more)

--- End quote ---

(1)Is the Dolby Vision Enhancement layer support  for m2ts rips/remuxes from UHD discs or only MKV remuxes of UHD Bds ?

(2)For video Analysis, please ensure that the side-car files are not stored in the same library where the video files are stored(as was the unfortunate case in audio-analysis). They should be stored in a separate folder with links to the main library files.

tkolsto:
"Built-in deinterlacing independent of the GPU driver"

I read about deinterlacing. This is to get better perceived motion and reduce flicker. So this is going to done seperately away from the GPU and handled within JRiver? Did I understand this correctly? And I interpret this to be a better way of rendering video?

Looking forward to this greatly! Maybe my problems will be less troublesome. Also the presets is a welcomed feature :)

Hendrik:

--- Quote from: Rajesh Singh on August 25, 2022, 10:31:45 am ---(2)For video Analysis, please ensure that the side-car files are not stored in the same library where the video files are stored(as was the unfortunate case in audio-analysis). They should be stored in a separate folder with links to the main library files.

--- End quote ---

The same sidecar will be used, its not a "audio analysis sidecar" file, its generic. You can turn off sidecars and just use the MC library to store the data if you don't want it there.
The entire idea of the sidecar file is to have it next to the video, which means as long as the video file exists, its likely for the sidecar to go with it - if it were moved to a central location, that feature would be lost, and all you get is basically the MC Database, which already stores all this in a central location.

I personally turn the sidecars off as well, and just make sure my MC Database has regular backups as needed. Thats surely an option you can go for if you don't want the sidecar next to your file.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version