INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Consolidate folder structure from prior MC versions  (Read 288 times)

Mirlynn

• Recent member
Consolidate folder structure from prior MC versions
« on: September 05, 2022, 12:26:43 pm »

I have been a user of MC for a very long time. On my current PC, I have various folders in my AppData directory that add up to nearly 5GB of space and include versions going back to MC 23. The vast majority of this space is consumed by Thumbnail folders.

I am starting to see very slow performance when scrolling thru my library and was searching for ways to consolidate in the hope of improving my current poor performance.

Does anyone have any suggestions on the best approach to consolidate these folders into a single repo without breaking the app or causing the thumbnails to be rebuilt?

At the moment, the current version I am running is MC28. I was considering upgrading to MC30 but I am hesitant to do so until I can resolve my current performance issues. I can't scroll through my song list. It keeps buffering and refreshing but I can't actually scroll anymore. This is localized to the application. I have this running on an SSD on a 16Core/32Thread AMD Threadripper with 32GB of RAM. I can't imagine this is an issue with hardware.

Maybe I just need to remove all prior versions, install the most current version and see if that helps.

Any input feedback would be appreciated.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Consolidate folder structure from prior MC versions
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2022, 01:56:56 am »

Ask MC to move the files.  See the wiki topic called Moving Files.

It may not affect speed.

Pages: [1]   Go Up