INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to start specific SmartList on startup?  (Read 1008 times)

Zoner

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
How to start specific SmartList on startup?
« on: March 08, 2003, 12:39:19 am »

Is there a command-line parameter (or any other method) to make MC9 play a specific playlist on startup?  MC9's online help doesn't appear to document any command-line settings.

Zoner

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Re: How to start specific SmartList on startup?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2003, 02:13:05 am »

Appreciate any info on this, if anyone knows the answer.  The reason I need it is because I have an HTPC connected to a projector that it used for both music and movies.  MC9 starts automatically when the PC boots, so the idea is that when I want to listen to music, I just turn the PC on and the music plays - no having to turn on the projector, mess with the mouse, etc.  This works fine until I watch a movie using MC9, at which point if I forget to start the music playlist again before shutting down MC9, I will get the movie sound playing the next morning!

bspachman

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2003, 06:16:12 am »

Is there a command-line parameter (or any other method) to make MC9 play a specific playlist on startup?  MC9's online help doesn't appear to document any command-line settings.

Nope, but the developer's zone does. You're interested in:

mjextman.exe /Play [filename] plays specified file. Filename parameter can point to a specific file or URL as well as to a location in Media Jukebox organization tree. Any item in the tree, except for CD & DVD and Handhelds can be accessed by replacing filename parameter with following command, TREEPATH=location of an item on the tree (e.g. TREEPATH=Playlists\Top Hits). To play items under the CD & DVD and Handhelds item use DEVICE=drive letter (e.g. DEVICE=G:)

See http://www.musicex.com/mediajukebox/DevZone/CommandLine.html for more info.

Good luck!
Brad

Zoner

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2003, 06:35:32 am »

I KISS YOU ;)!

Works perfectly - thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up