More > JRiver Media Center 30 for Mac

thumbnails

(1/1)

erviv:
I backed up my MC29 library and selected the option to save thumbnails.  I then installed MC30 and restored the library that I had backed up from MC29.  What didn't get restored were the thumbnails (24 of 6291 came across). Was there an extra step required?  In any event I just opted to rebuild missing thumbnails. All but 89 were rebuilt within 5 minutes.  Exited MC30, restarted and re-ran build missing thumbnails and the last 89 were built.
Nothing else seems amiss.

thanks

HaWi:

--- Quote from: erviv on October 09, 2022, 10:25:15 am ---I backed up my MC29 library and selected the option to save thumbnails.  I then installed MC30 and restored the library that I had backed up from MC29.  What didn't get restored were the thumbnails (24 of 6291 came across). Was there an extra step required?  In any event I just opted to rebuild missing thumbnails. All but 89 were rebuilt within 5 minutes.  Exited MC30, restarted and re-ran build missing thumbnails and the last 89 were built.
Nothing else seems amiss.

thanks

--- End quote ---
This issue has been present in MC29 already. Backing up with thumbnails didn't really load the thumbnails upon restoring the library. After every library restore I still had to rebuild all the thumbnails.

bob:
That will be fixed in the next build.

Awesome Donkey:

--- Quote from: HaWi on October 10, 2022, 01:13:40 pm ---This issue has been present in MC29 already.
--- End quote ---

This issue has actually been present on both Mac (when I used it) and Linux since pretty much day one when backup/restore of thumbnails was added. Pretty sure I reported it a time or two but even after it was tweaked further it still has never worked correctly for me at least. In fact, when I tried to use it last when I did my last clean Windows 11 install thumbnails didn't restore there either.

This is why I still do library backups and restores with the thumbnails manually.

HaWi:

--- Quote from: bob on October 10, 2022, 03:43:18 pm ---That will be fixed in the next build.

--- End quote ---
Thank you, Bob

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version