INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Expand To Full Albums  (Read 800 times)

Striker

• World Citizen
Expand To Full Albums
« on: October 21, 2022, 08:28:27 pm »

When creating a SmartList, one Modify Results choice is "Expand To Full Albums"... What does it do?

I've searched the forum and the Wiki with no hits.

I thought that any track selected by the SmartList would always show the entire album no matter if the other tracks don't meet the SmartList conditions, but it doesn't.  I only see the track that meets the SmartList conditions.

What is "Expand To Full Albums" supposed to do?  Is it working correctly?  Have I misunderstood the effects?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5ugwdvo3s30drom/ExpandToFullAlbums.jpg?dl=0

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Expand To Full Albums
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2022, 01:34:21 am »

You havn't misunderstood.

A question, no rudeness intended :)

Are you 100% certain that all album tracks are not in the list? I ask this because you are sorting primarily by [Last Played] which will mean that the albums will not be grouped together in the list.

The rules I used to test for you are attached. This correctly includes album tracks otherwise excluded by the 'not in the last 60 days' rule.

If yours are really not listed, try simplifying. Start by removing the ~sort rules... does it work now? Keep simplifying until it does work, which will help identify what is breaking it, then you/we can look more closely into that to discover why.

-marko

Striker

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2022, 08:36:52 am »

You havn't misunderstood.

A question, no rudeness intended :)

Are you 100% certain that all album tracks are not in the list? I ask this because you are sorting primarily by [Last Played] which will mean that the albums will not be grouped together in the list.

-marko

Marko, Thank you Sir... you are correct, the full album is in the list, but not grouped together due to the last played date in the sort order.

So I tried moving the "Expand To Full Albums" below my sorting order, and presto it works like I want.  The full album shows up in the list grouped together with the oldest played album-track controlling the sort order for the full album in the list.

Notice the Wishbone Ash album...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v2u4aow43vu26mp/MC_SortOrder.jpg?dl=0

Striker

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2022, 09:13:36 am »

This brings up an interesting need... the ability to move a SmartList modifier up/down in the list to control what order the modifiers are applied.

zybex

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2022, 04:11:07 pm »

... the ability to move a SmartList modifier up/down in the list

Seconded.

MusicBringer

• Galactic Citizen
  • MC32.0.87 x64bit
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2022, 09:28:31 am »

... the ability to move a SmartList modifier up/down in the list
oh yes please me too  :)
Caesar adsum jam forte. Brutus aderat. Caesar sic in omnibus. Brutus sic inat.

comox

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2022, 10:09:05 am »

This brings up an interesting need... the ability to move a SmartList modifier up/down in the list to control what order the modifiers are applied.
Good idea.
Pages: [1]   Go Up