INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wake On Lan (WoL) for HTPC with Flirc / MyHarmony  (Read 846 times)

Denti

• Citizen of the Universe
Wake On Lan (WoL) for HTPC with Flirc / MyHarmony
« on: December 18, 2022, 09:08:56 am »

Reformulating my question:

I want to be able to wake my HTPC for music and movies (using MC of course). I use Flirc with my remote, but can’t figure out how to wake the PC. Any advice?

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
Re: Wake On Lan (WoL) for HTPC with Flirc / MyHarmony
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2022, 08:39:08 am »

In device manager, open the power management section for your Flirc device and enable "Allow this device to wake the computer". You may also need to disable powersaving on the USB hub. Note that this has nothing to do with WoL.

Denti

Re: Wake On Lan (WoL) for HTPC with Flirc / MyHarmony
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2022, 02:58:31 pm »

Thanks. Where is this in Device Manager.

Actually, maybe it doesn’t matter. Flirc commands (any) seem to wake the PC. When I leave the projector to which it’s connected on and let it go into sleep mode and then wake it, everything is fine. But if the projector is not on and I wake it out of sleep and start up the projector at the same time I get a blue screen (not BSoD, just blue). And the only way to get out of that is to force a restart.

Not sure what’s going on here. Maybe I need to delay waking the PC until the projector is fully on first? I haven’t experimented with that.
Pages: [1]   Go Up