INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: blue-ray media movie not playing showing a blank screen frame  (Read 370 times)

jmiqui

blue-ray media movie not playing showing a blank screen frame
« on: October 17, 2022, 02:12:10 am »

I have installed JRM 30 on two desktop PC's. PC1 is a new install running Win10 and PC2 is a know good system running Win11 which I used to reproduce the problem. I cannot play blue-ray media movie on both PC and a DVD movie plays fine. When I select play the PC monitor show a blank screen frame on the display. The progress counter is incrementing. However, the drive activity light does not flash. I tried three different blue-ray movies and got the same problem on both PC. I upgraded PC2 with JRM 30 version 30.0.19 and that did not fix the prblem.

Please advice on how to fix this problem.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: blue-ray media movie not playing showing a blank screen frame
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2022, 07:46:15 am »

Please read the Blu-ray topic on our wiki.

Consider using MakeMKV.

bogdanbz

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2022, 04:26:02 pm »

In order to play BluRay discs from a BluRay disc unit, you need to have a BluRay decryptor program running in the background, such as DVDFab Passkey or AnyDVD HD.

Another choice is to copy the decrypted disk content to a folder on your PC, and play it from there, either by copying the content while one of those two programs are running, or by using MakeMKV to do the same thing. Don't convert to MKV if you want to preserve menus and menu navigation!

eve

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2022, 04:59:26 pm »

In order to play BluRay discs from a BluRay disc unit, you need to have a BluRay decryptor program running in the background, such as DVDFab Passkey or AnyDVD HD.

Another choice is to copy the decrypted disk content to a folder on your PC, and play it from there, either by copying the content while one of those two programs are running, or by using MakeMKV to do the same thing. Don't convert to MKV if you want to preserve menus and menu navigation!

MakeMKV is the most consistently reliable and while it adds an extra step, is usually worth it. I do a remux (including bonus content) as well as retaining the original BDMV folder for each disc I get. Remuxes make more sense but retaining the BDMV allows for menu navigation, or 'hey, I think I missed this very cryptic extra in playlists', now I don't need to run to storage and track down the original disc. I've been doing this since 2012, I haven't played a disc back since. A server rack is much smaller than disc storage and FAR more convenient.
Pages: [1]   Go Up