More > JRiver Media Center 29 for Linux

Installation failed? Media center does not start

(1/3) > >>

RalfK:
I'm a bit puzzled right now. I've installed JRiver on Debian 11 many times before. But now there is a problem with a new installation: when starting Mediacenter 29 and also Mediacenter 30, there is only a small black window with an OK button. You can click this twice. Then nothing???
The other day I had this after installing Mediacenter 30 using installJRMC. But after deinstallation and manual installation it worked. Now I've uninstalled and reinstalled v29.0.86 and v30.0.20 several times, but only the black window... Have anyone any ideas?

RalfK:
an addendum: I was able to start Mediacanter29 once via command line. If I try again now, there are many, many lines of errors:
"cp: cannot create regular file"
plus various paths such as
".jriver/Media Center 29/Skins/Standard View/Aruba/ActionWindow_Back.png': No such file or directory"
or
".jriver/Media Center 29/Visualizations/Track Info/Dreamstate/bg2.jpg': No such file or directory"

Awesome Donkey:
Sounds like it wasn't installed correctly.

RalfK:
Now I did a clean install of Debian11 without trying installJRMC first. Instead I installed directly manually. Now it works  :)
It seems that the installation with installJRMC went so badly wrong that further attempts afterward didn't stand a chance; despite ./installJRMC -u

Awesome Donkey:
You might want to report that in the InstallJRMC thread.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version