Devices > Video Cards, Monitors, Televisions, and Projectors

pc monitor smooth play

<< < (6/6)

PPMPPM:
I found another thread with my problem: https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=131139.0

And this is solution:
If you have a Nvidia 20xx/30xx video card and you encounter micro stutter while using madVR
without actually dropping frames, please try the following:
◦ In the Nvidia control panel, go to Manage 3D Settings, scroll all the way down and set
Vertical Sync to 'On'. You can do this either globally or just for the media player exe.
◦ In the madVR settings, go to rendering -> general settings, and uncheck 'enable automatic
fullscreen exclusive mode'
◦ In the madVR settings, go to rendering -> windowed mode settings, and set 'how many
video frames shall be presented in advance' to 1 or a maximum of 3

Last one solve my problem. I set to 1 and stutters gone.

Thanks to everybody. Such a helpful community.

tkolsto:
best result is using madvr mode, tick off make 24hz and 60hz to work(hack Direct3D), smooth motion enabled( here I think this is automatically enabled when one tick of the hack Direct3D to make 24hz and 60 hz work. Forgot to mention where You find this on madvr. It is found under devices/ display modes in advanced madvr settings.

Well this makes the rendering not loose focus from every motion that happens...especially faces or other things in motion that one focus at..one get a more smooth motion...and not only a clear image when the person/face or whatever object one look at is still(not moving) and then one get a focused clear picture. Hope I explained myself good enough. It is not at all perfect but it is better.

Anyway this hack feature helps a lot, because regular monitors dont have interpolation which would be a even better solution to get a stutter and judderfree motion rendering.

and I play movies at 60 hz when I do this as my monitor can not do 23 hz even using the custumize hz in nvidia panel. I bougth a display that could sync hz and fps to 23 hz...but there where absolutley not change in this bad rendering always out of focus objects when in motion. So I sent it back.

JimH:
You shouldn't have to use madVR any longer.   JRVR is better for most cases and uses less power.  It's also easier to set up.

tkolsto:
Jim You are correct. I really dont know why the rendering was so choppy stuttery. I updated another thread that I started some time back, where I wrote that after I installed windows 11 pro and installed latest jriver 31 version 36 and just used the nvidia driver windows installed. I did nothing in jriver other than set displaysettings auto mode changer to auto and I also loaded the lightest settings in JRVR. Now I just tested with 1080 p jurassic world and it was way more pleasent and that at 60 hz so it does 3:2 pulldown, but it is just rendered more smooth now. I dont know why that is. The way motion is rendered now is more easy on the eyes and not so shivery and clear stutters. So this was a very pleasent change. So I remembered this being like this way back and now it is normal again after installing windows 11 pro. I did not bother to try a movie because I thought it was just the way things have become and then it was back to normal, like I remembered it to be(I hestiated on my memory since I only had played only a few movies before I experienced the bad rendering of movies.).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version