INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Update Tags from Library issues  (Read 456 times)

Chris_t

Update Tags from Library issues
« on: October 20, 2022, 02:04:29 pm »

I have both JRiver Media Center 30 and 29 installed. I added an album to my NAS which feeds Minimserver and a Naim streamer and then tried to change the tags in 30. Everything looks fine in 30 and when I 'Update Tags from library' it seems to show it has worked. If I close down and open 30 again the album and tags and cover art are all there. Unfortunately the album doesn't appear correctly on my streamer. If I check version 29 it shows the album but without all my tag additions or the cover art. Does anyone know why 30 doesn't seem to actually update the tags correctly despite seeming to. I am now in the process of tagging the album using version 29. Why doesn't 30 work for me?

Any help would be appreciated.

eve

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Update Tags from Library issues
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2022, 02:08:11 pm »

I have both JRiver Media Center 30 and 29 installed. I added an album to my NAS which feeds Minimserver and a Naim streamer and then tried to change the tags in 30. Everything looks fine in 30 and when I 'Update Tags from library' it seems to show it has worked. If I close down and open 30 again the album and tags and cover art are all there. Unfortunately the album doesn't appear correctly on my streamer. If I check version 29 it shows the album but without all my tag additions or the cover art. Does anyone know why 30 doesn't seem to actually update the tags correctly despite seeming to. I am now in the process of tagging the album using version 29. Why doesn't 30 work for me?

Any help would be appreciated.
Do you have write access to the media files? Are you editing the tags on a machine connected to a library server?

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2022, 02:50:35 pm »

First, check to see if the Tags got written.  In MC open the Tagging Window and then go to the bottom where it says "Tag Dump".  That will show you what's actually in the tags of the file.

Second, it's likely that you need to tell other players (your NAIM and MC29) to re-read those tags. 

In MC29, you can tell it to do this by highlighting some files and doing Library > Update Library from Tags.  There is an option that does this on every auto import or manual import also.  The option is located at:

Tools > Options > Library and Folders > configure auto import > tasks > Update for external changes

When this is turned off, MC does not re-read file tags.  When it is turned on, it does.  This option is semi-dangerous in my opinion and I keep it turned off.

Brian.

Chris_t

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2022, 01:15:45 pm »

Thank you both. I'm afraid that embarrassingly my problem was simpler than that. I had unwittingly converted an SACD ISO to dff instead of dfs and of course it didn't respond to anything I was doing tag wise. Sorry to have wasted your time.
Pages: [1]   Go Up