INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New audio imported on server is "wrong" on client until restart  (Read 276 times)

hoyt

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
New audio imported on server is "wrong" on client until restart
« on: October 24, 2022, 11:43:19 am »

I know I pointed this out before, but I still find it annoying.  I imported a new album on my server (Windows 11 NUC).  I send it to a zone that's a DLNA client.  Looks great on remote desktop.  When I look on my Mac client, it shows some random tracks from my library in the playing now of that zone.  The number of tracks is right, but the names, durations, etc are totally different.  The playing time is in sync (so at 2:40 into one track, both the server and client show 2:40). 

If I restart the client, it will show this all correctly, but I feel like that shouldn't be necessary.  The client should be getting the library information from the server.

thecrow

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
Re: New audio imported on server is "wrong" on client until restart
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2022, 04:35:06 am »

I experienced something similar recently.
I was adding new albums to my server whilst my MC client was connected.
The albums appeared in the client, but when I went to play one of the new albums on the client, it started playing the audio from another new album instead, but the client still thought it was playing the correct album.
This happened if I tried playing a different new album, the audio from another different new album would play.
It was like the references to each of these new albums were out of sync.
Restarting the client cleared the issue.
Pages: [1]   Go Up