INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Seekbar height / position  (Read 731 times)

wheel54

• Recent member
Seekbar height / position
« on: October 26, 2022, 02:27:53 pm »

Is there any way to increase the height of the waveform seekbar alongside the volume controls - or even position it larger along the bottom of the player?

It feels like it is about 5-10 pixels high now and you really can't make much out of the waveform - in other players it's ~3-4x taller (not overwhelming, just going from a mere sliver to something more rectangular) so the waveforms are more visible.

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Hoisted by his own petard - Lock him up!
Re: Seekbar height / position
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2022, 06:25:08 pm »

Short answers:
Change Waveform height? Very likely no.
Locate along the bottom of the player? Definitely no.

Before I elaborate any further regarding the waveform height answer however, can you please tell me:
What skin are you using? 
What monitor resolution?
Are you using Windows or Mac?
If Windows, do you increase the scaling offered in Windows settings?

blgentry

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2022, 07:11:41 pm »

It looks about right on my system, though I'll admit that I don't use that feature because I dislike it.  See attached screen shot.

This is using Dream In Blue as the skin and I've modified it slightly to have a bigger font in the display area.

I also tried View > Size > 150%.  This made the waveform bar quite a bit bigger, but also pumped up everything else, which didn't look very good to me.

Brian.

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2022, 07:30:12 pm »

We seem to keep showing up on the same threads Brian.  As you know, I'm the Dream in Blue skin author, and that was part of the reason I was asking the OP which skin he was using.

Unless you want to go nuts with massive upscaling (which will screw up how things look overall as you noted) to increase the size, the height is dependent on how much space each skin author has allocated for the player bar.  There is finite space available for the two lines of track info and the track progress bar/waveform below it. If you increase the text size as you have done, it decreases how much space is left over for the waveform. The screenshot below shows my setup with smaller fonts for the track info, and as you can see, the waveform is a fair amount taller. The OP could decrease the track info font size even further (in the XML file) to increase the waveform height even more, but then the text would be pretty small.

wheel54

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2022, 07:47:45 pm »

I was using Black And Blue Too, left is MC30 right is MusicBee.  I think somewhere between the two is fine for me.  I will try the skin mentioned here and the font size tricks and I think that should work out for me.

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2022, 08:13:39 pm »

If you're game for tinkering with the skin XML file, then you can definitely increase the waveform height... At least a little bit anyway.

That said, I love the MusicBee waveform. MC's waveform is just sort of a simple crude profile, whereas the MusicBee waveform looks like an actual waveform, complete with finely delineated "lie detector squiggles".  Several months back I asked Matt if he could make MC's waveform more like MusicBee - maybe this post will help push that request closer to the top of the list.

blgentry

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2022, 05:43:30 am »

We seem to keep showing up on the same threads Brian.  As you know, I'm the Dream in Blue skin author, and that was part of the reason I was asking the OP which skin he was using.

Great minds think alike?  :)

I really appreciate Dream In Blue and particularly the crazy amount of comments that explain things!  It's nice to have nice skins.

Take care,
Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up