INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Not getting Atmos sounds...help please  (Read 531 times)

shaolin95

• Recent member
Not getting Atmos sounds...help please
« on: November 08, 2022, 07:01:27 pm »

Hi.
So my projector is connected to my HTPC via HDMI directly while from the PC I have a display port to HDMI cable to my receiver for audio.
The works fine with mpc-hc but I can't get jriver to send Atmos sounds.
I tried turning on bitstreaming but i kept getting an error about the sound when I try that.
Help please

rec head

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Not getting Atmos sounds...help please
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2022, 06:19:27 am »

What error are you getting?

shaolin95

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2022, 01:46:21 pm »

Attached

rec head

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2022, 03:27:09 pm »

I'm not an expert so can you post your DSP studio settings too? Many of us have it working.

blgentry

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2022, 04:31:14 pm »

Silly idea:  Have you tried a direct HDMI connection instead of the DP -> DP to HDMI adapter -> HDMI cable arrangement?

Presumably Display Port would be better for "just display" and HDMI would be better for audio since HDMI is kind of the home theater standard.

Brian.

shaolin95

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2022, 05:37:01 pm »

I'm not an expert so can you post your DSP studio settings too? Many of us have it working.
I haven't touch that section
 Mind sharing your settings?
Thanks

shaolin95

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2022, 05:37:48 pm »

Silly idea:  Have you tried a direct HDMI connection instead of the DP -> DP to HDMI adapter -> HDMI cable arrangement?

Presumably Display Port would be better for "just display" and HDMI would be better for audio since HDMI is kind of the home theater standard.

Brian.
Yeah I am only using the one HDMI connection now but still same issue. It may be pointless to try since the one reason I wanted this player was for videoclock but it seems using videoclock means NO ATMOS unless I am wrong

blgentry

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2022, 07:28:27 pm »

I'm not sure I understand.  I thought you said your video connection (no audio) is HDMI.  ...and your AUDIO connection is DisplayPort with a converter to HDMI to your receiver.  That's not an HDMI connection as far as Windows is concerned.  I'm suggesting swapping the two:  Use HDMI for audio and DP with converter for video.

I'm not experienced with video clock, but I think you are correct.  I think it only works if MC decodes your audio.

I guess you have to choose what's most important to you.  For me Atmos would be further down the list than lip sync (for example).  Your priorities may be different.

Best of luck to you.
Brian.

shaolin95

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2022, 07:36:05 pm »

I'm not sure I understand.  I thought you said your video connection (no audio) is HDMI.  ...and your AUDIO connection is DisplayPort with a converter to HDMI to your receiver.  That's not an HDMI connection as far as Windows is concerned.  I'm suggesting swapping the two:  Use HDMI for audio and DP with converter for video.

I'm not experienced with video clock, but I think you are correct.  I think it only works if MC decodes your audio.

I guess you have to choose what's most important to you.  For me Atmos would be further down the list than lip sync (for example).  Your priorities may be different.

Best of luck to you.
Brian.
And I mentioned above I am now using one HDMI and still the same.
I don't have any lip sync issues..it was more of an OCD thing seeing 2 or 3 frames droppes in a 2 hour movie, for example.
No way I am going to lose Atmos for that though..Atmos is very immersive specially in newer movies
Pages: [1]   Go Up