INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: auto-import series issue with Name - includes series, episode and episode title  (Read 293 times)

lise

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

my series' filenames are like this:  M:\TV Shows\Deadwind\Deadwind - s03e03 - The Container.mp4

I expect the series to be "Deadwind", the season to be 03, the episode to be 03 and the name to be "The Container".
Auto import gives me everything as expected except the name, which is:  "Deadwind (S3E3): The Container"

I always have to select my new imports, use Fill Properties from Filename, and selecct "Automatic" which gives me the proper name.

How can I set auto-import to do this automatically?
A wise man once said don't count your years, but make your years count. Or was it beers?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?

JimH

• Administrator

Or tag on import?  It's in the import settings.

lise

• MC Beta Team

Jim!  Look at me getting a response from the big cheese!

All is good over here. Both healthy. Jonnie will be retiring soon and I guess I will too. We're looking forward to it. More time for movies and making stuff like furniture.  How are you?

I read the Carnac page (thank you for the link). I guess it doesn't like my filename format (probably because of the lower case 's' and 'e' which I find easier on the eyes when looking through a Windows Explorer folder or missing episodes). If Carnac can't read it then I guess I'll change my future filenames to something it can read.

A wise man once said don't count your years, but make your years count. Or was it beers?

JimH

• Administrator

eve

Jim!  Look at me getting a response from the big cheese!

All is good over here. Both healthy. Jonnie will be retiring soon and I guess I will too. We're looking forward to it. More time for movies and making stuff like furniture.  How are you?

I read the Carnac page (thank you for the link). I guess it doesn't like my filename format (probably because of the lower case 's' and 'e' which I find easier on the eyes when looking through a Windows Explorer folder or missing episodes). If Carnac can't read it then I guess I'll change my future filenames to something it can read.

Extremely off topic but you make furniture? Super cool. Would love to see what you've built.

If you're looking at transforming a large # of media files to conform to a naming spec, Filebot can be indispensable.

There's also TMM if you're after scraping static metadata, it has a renamer but I've never used that feature.
I personally am a big advocate for static metadata stored alongside the media files. It vastly simplifies identification in software as you can then have truly unique IDs for said media (In my case, my authoritative ID is the IMDB ID but most people, without API access to IMDB, would possibly do better with the TMDB ID, I keep both but IMDB ID is what I 'use'). This way you're not relying on the software to guess what movie, or episode of a show it's looking at.
Pages: [1]   Go Up