INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stuttering video in latest MC30 [Solved]  (Read 796 times)

JJ510FTC

Stuttering video in latest MC30 [Solved]
« on: November 02, 2022, 09:17:09 pm »

I was pretty happy with 30.0.18 but auto-update was on and the latest version caused stuttering on all of my blu ray backups - in 1080P and 4K. I have spent countless hours reading this forum and messing with settings trying to figure this out. I have a high-end PC with an RTX 3080TI. All of my cables are good and the connections are fine. I am using a PC->Denon receiver->JVC Projector. I have no issue running PC games in 4K with Dolby Atmos on this system. I can't figure out how to diagnose what's wrong and have probably changed all settings several times to no avail. I rolled back to 30.0.18 which worked. I'd like to actually learn how to understand and fix whatever the issue is and ideally get my system to perform to the best of its capability. I have added all folders, files and processes to Windows Defender exclusions going back years (updating the list with each MC release). Any input would be appreciated.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Stuttering video in latest MC30
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2022, 10:08:57 pm »

Power cycle everything. 

Compare video settings. What settings are you using?

arcspin

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2022, 11:22:10 pm »

I´m sure you know this but I add these settings tweaks for you to try.

""
Change the Vertical sync to "ON" in the Manage 3D settings in NVIDIA control panel.
Also set (in madVR, under rendering - Windowed mode) present frames in advance to 1.

You can also try to disable (in madVR, rendering - general settings) use Direct3D 11 for presentation.

Try experimenting with queue sizes as well, I have had good results when increasing the CPU queue size to 24 and GPU queue size to 16.

The first two solved the micro stutter for me using a 2080 graphics card.

---------------------

To fix stuttering:

* madvr settings > general settings > windowed mode / exclusive mode > frames presented in advance = 1

* NVIDIA settings > Power Management Mode = Adaptive / Normal
* NVIDIA settings > Vertical Sync = Adaptive
* NVIDIA settings > GSync = Disabled globally (use profiles for games)
* NVIDIA settings > disable Multiplane Overlay

Multiplane Overlay:
https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5157
Hardware: Intel Core i5-8600K 16GB RAM, ASUS GeForce RTX 2080 8GB DUAL OC
Software: Windows 10 Home 64-bit, version 2004, JRiver MC 29, MadVr 0.92.17 (Beta 113), NVIDIA driver 457.09
Projector: JVC DLA-I X5500 (RS420, X570R) -
Screen: DNP Supernova 08-85
Processor: Anthem AVM 70
Power amp: XTZ A2-400 for Front & Center - XTZ A2-300 for Surround & Height channels
Speakers: Arendal 1723 S Monitor for Front & Center, Linn Unik for Front Height, Rear Height, Surround & Surround back. Elipson Planet M for Top Middle.
Sub: Arendal 1723 1S

JJ510FTC

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2022, 11:59:13 pm »

Power cycle everything. 

Compare video settings. What settings are you using?

I am using JRVR. Every time I go into the preset menu the performance is checked. I have tried to change it to 'Quality' and it doesn't seem to stick.

Power cycling has not improved or changed this issue.

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2022, 01:10:21 am »

You select a preset and press load. It'll then change all the settings. As long as you don't hit Load, the selected preset has no meaning.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

JJ510FTC

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2022, 02:10:05 am »

You select a preset and press load. It'll then change all the settings. As long as you don't hit Load, the selected preset has no meaning.

Ah, ok. I was hoping that's how it worked but wasn't sure.

I turned vertical sync on in the NVidia menu (thanks, arcspin) and I think that did the trick. MadVR was flickering and acting strange but I switched back to JRVR mode and the latest release is working now.

bogdanbz

• World Citizen
Re: Stuttering video in latest MC30 [Solved]
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2022, 12:06:30 pm »

When disabling MPO, you are disabling the ability to write directly to a GPU managed surface. MPO should be kept enabled unless you really see an issue. And if there is an issue, it's likely due to using a multi-display configuration with displays having different refresh rates selected for them.

arcspin

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Stuttering video in latest MC30 [Solved]
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2022, 03:12:00 am »

Thanx for the info regarding Multiplane Overlay (MPO).
My first two suggestions should solve the majority of problems with stutter.
Hardware: Intel Core i5-8600K 16GB RAM, ASUS GeForce RTX 2080 8GB DUAL OC
Software: Windows 10 Home 64-bit, version 2004, JRiver MC 29, MadVr 0.92.17 (Beta 113), NVIDIA driver 457.09
Projector: JVC DLA-I X5500 (RS420, X570R) -
Screen: DNP Supernova 08-85
Processor: Anthem AVM 70
Power amp: XTZ A2-400 for Front & Center - XTZ A2-300 for Surround & Height channels
Speakers: Arendal 1723 S Monitor for Front & Center, Linn Unik for Front Height, Rear Height, Surround & Surround back. Elipson Planet M for Top Middle.
Sub: Arendal 1723 1S
Pages: [1]   Go Up