INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MCC to bring up the VIDEO playback strip?  (Read 371 times)

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
MCC to bring up the VIDEO playback strip?
« on: November 04, 2022, 07:19:35 am »

When I watch things I frequently want to see where I am in playback.  With DVD and BluRay players, there's usually a "display" button which brings up a summary including the present time with some kind of playback strip.

In MC, you can move the mouse to the top and it will come up.  I find it much more convenient to press a button to do this.  I originally experimented with MCC 30025 (set mcc OSD enabled).  But this toggles the option for whether or not the OSD shows.  Also, it works on the OSD, *not* the video playback strip.  In either case, it does not make anything display on screen.

Next I played with MCC 28043 (playback engine hide OSD).  This does what it says:  It removes the OSD from view if it's visible already.  But it does not toggle visibility.  So it doesn't really work for my purpose of showing playback position.  It only hides.  Again it works on the OSD; not the playback strip.

So.... Is there a way to show the playback strip with an MCC command?   Would anyone else want to do this?

Thanks,
Brian.

tzr916

• MC Beta Team
Re: MCC to bring up the VIDEO playback strip?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2022, 08:38:59 am »

10051   MCC_SHOW_ON_SCREEN_DISPLAY   0: position bar
JRiverMC v32 •Windows 10 Pro 64bit •Defender Exclusions •ṈŘ 3rd party AV
•ASUS TUF gaming WiFi z590 •Thermaltake Toughpower GX2 600W
•i7-11700k @ 3.6GHz~5GHz •32GB PC4-25600 DDR4
•OS on Crucial P5 Plus M.2 PCIe Gen4 •Tv Recordings on SATA 6TB WD Red Pro
•4 OTA & 6 CableCard SiliconDust Tuners
•nVidia RTX2060 •XBR65Z9D •AVRX3700H •Fluance 7.2.2 [FH]
•SMP1000DSPѫeD A3-300[RSS315HE-22] •SPA300DѫYSTSW215[15-PRX8S4]

blgentry

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2022, 02:53:49 pm »

That's very helpful trz916!  Thanks. 

I see that it does not contain the letters "OSD" but rather says On Screen Display.  That's obviously correct, yet you can't find it when searching for it.  That's too bad.  I'm glad you showed it to me.

I would really like one of these commands that toggles the display on and off.  ...and really I don't want to see the OSD.  I'd like to see the Video Player Bar at the top of the screen that normally shows when you move the mouse near the top of the screen.  It's much more intuitive to look at and is not a dull grey color.  But this is STILL better than what I had, so again I say thank you!

If nothing else, I wonder if MCC 10051 could be modified to have a different flag that toggles just the Time display.  As it is, if you trigger that MCC several times in a row it shows the time display and then simply the text "Playing Now".  It toggles between them if you press it multiple times within about 5 seconds of each other.  If you wait 5 o more seconds it only brings up the display.  But it also will not hide the display.  That's a different MCC.

It would be wonderful to have the MCC only show the Time display and to Toggle it.  Even better if it did that with the video player bar.

Thanks for reading.

Brian.

blgentry

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2022, 12:47:57 pm »

To try to make my request more obvious, I'm attaching a screen shot of what I'm talking about.

I would like to use MCC to show and hide the video playback strip which is shown at the top of the included screen shot.  The MCC discussed above only affects the OSD.

Thanks,
Brian.

eve

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2022, 01:01:36 pm »

To try to make my request more obvious, I'm attaching a screen shot of what I'm talking about.

I would like to use and MCC to show and hide the video playback strip which is shown at the top of the included screen shot.  The MCC discussed above only affects the OSD.

Thanks,
Brian.

Would also like to know this too! I kinda prefer the top bar actually. I've wondered this for ages and been confused by the MCC command not supporting the 'top' bar as well.
Pages: [1]   Go Up