INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Screenpass Blu Ray titles  (Read 447 times)

htnut

• Junior Woodchuck
Screenpass Blu Ray titles
« on: November 08, 2022, 09:51:39 pm »

Screenpass... For example I've experimented with the first two Hunger Games BDs. When in "Title Playback" mode MC reads the disc.inf file (created by AnyDVD) to play the correct playlist.  But when in "Menu" mode, a "copy detected" message appears about 10-15 minutes into the movie.

I much prefer to use the "Menu" mode, as this way forced subtitles seem to always display properly - But when in "Title Playback" mode many/most movies with forced subs don't display without some variable steps.

Is there some configuration I can perform to use "Menu" mode on screenpass titles?

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Screenpass Blu Ray titles
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2022, 12:48:56 am »

The Menu entirely drives the title selection and all that. If it runs into copy-protection issues, there is nothing we can do about that.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

htnut

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2022, 04:36:39 pm »

The Menu entirely drives the title selection and all that. If it runs into copy-protection issues, there is nothing we can do about that.

Good to know.

Can a feature be added to cause MC to display the currently playing playlist, so that one can identify if the playlist queued up by the menus differs from one specified by AnyDVD in the disc.inf file?

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2022, 02:35:38 am »

I'd suggest you ask over at the AnyDVD forum, as I thought that screenpass was removed during the AnyDVD rip process and the resultant folder backup would play just fine with both menus and title playback.
JRiver CEO Elect

TheShoe

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2022, 06:05:22 am »

How old is your rip?  AnyDVD adds support as needed.   Hunger Games is old enough now I would expect support to be there.

If you are curious about the playlist, you can view the Media Center log file to find which is being played.  I use this often when figuring out which mpls to use for particles for TV series episodes.  Wish it would also just be displayed somewhere more easily/readily available, but at least it can be found.

jmone has the right idea - just post in the AnyDVD forum.  They are very responsive.

TV: LG OLED C1 83"
3D: LG OLED C6 65" (two) - madVR MVC->SBS
3D: Valve Index (using Media Center+MadVR) + Virtual Home Theater (Steam)
HTPC: Core i7, Win11, nVidia 3090RTX
Storage: 500TB Snapraid via SMB to Ubuntu 18 LTS server
Audio: exaSound e68 Multichannel USB DAC, Sonus Faber Speakers, REL Subx2
Video: HDMI 2.1/4K@120Hz, JRVR (2D), MadVR (3D), 7.1 Channel Audio into AMPs: Conrad Johnson 2/5 Channel Amps, Marantz av8805A PreAmp
Cables: Shotgun Interconnects, AudioQuest Cinnamon 48GB HDMI cables
Pages: [1]   Go Up