INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: High dropped frame rates on TV viewing (Live & recorded)  (Read 823 times)

davelr

• Junior Woodchuck
High dropped frame rates on TV viewing (Live & recorded)
« on: December 18, 2022, 10:51:13 am »

I’m working on getting ready to cut Xfinity TV service at my next renewal date. I’ve got most viewing services figured out with the exception of OTA TV. A key feature of this is keeping everything as consistent and easy to use as possible so I don’t drive my wife crazy.

I have been experimenting with OTA using JRiver MC. In doing so I’ve noticed that I am getting very high rates of dropped frames (say 25-40/sec) consistently when viewing TV either live or recorded. I’ve experimented with this using RO-JRVR, RO-HD and RO standard. This does not appear to make much difference although I don’t know how to display playback statistics in RO standard. Dropped frames appear to be pretty normal for other source types, primarily playback of MKV files stored on a NAS.

I can only assume that I’ve missed some setting but can’t figure out which. Hardware accelerate, video clock and automatic change mode are all ON.

Signal path is:
antenna to
Hauppage 2250 in DIY HTPC via HDMI to
Denon 4400 AVR HDMI to
LG OLED65B7

I’m running MC 30.0.40
The HTPC uses an AMD Ryzen 5 3400G with 16GB memory and VEGA 11 graphics, Win 11

Any suggestions would really be appreciated.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

davelr

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: High dropped frame rates on TV viewing (Live & recorded)
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2022, 03:31:45 pm »

Thanks for the suggestion, Jim. I did downgrade to 22.5.1 but the dropped frame rates are still high on TV viewing, so no joy there.
Pages: [1]   Go Up