INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JR MC and MakeMKV  (Read 396 times)

antenna

• Galactic Citizen
JR MC and MakeMKV
« on: November 10, 2022, 06:42:12 pm »

From the JRiver Media Center 30.0.30 for Windows -- Available Here New thread...

Disc title ripping using MakeMKV to MC30 for mac.

Title ripping using MakeMKV is expected for MC30 Linux.

OK, I have tried to keep up with this great news about MakeMKV.  But I'm more audio than video, and I keep getting lost.

MakeMKV is great software, I use it.

But I always had the issue that i had to manually match up titles to the tracks.

OK, I've read the threads and the cited threads in those threads, and the cited threads in those cited threads.....

But I still do not know the answer to my question....

If I pop a DVD into the optical drive, and I point JR MC at the disc, using MakeMKV, will the tracks be ripped with titles?

I admit, in this area, I am asking a neophyte user question.

If JR MC can get MakeMKV to rip DVD discs and properly title the tracks, that would be awesome.

Simple question. 

Can someone give a simple, yea or nay type of answer without the usual gibberish that seems to accompany video discussions.

Mounds of gratitude.

=========
Vinyl: Shure V15VxMR, Shure VN5MR stylus, VPI Scout turntable
Shellac: Shure M91, Shure N75-3 stylus,  Dual 1218 turntable

Apt Holman preamp (updated), Benchmark Media ADC-1, Benchmark Media DAC-1, Carver TFM-45 power amp (updated), Original Acoustic Research AR-9 speakers (LF surrounds replaced), Sennheiser HD590 headphones

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: JR MC and MakeMKV
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2022, 07:06:56 pm »

I think so.   You'll need to try it.

MC will ask if you want to rip or rip with MakeMKV.  It should do exactly what MakeMKV is doing now for you.

Listening to "Sleigh Ride" by "Leroy Anderson" from your 'tis the Season list on Cloudplay.  Thanks!

antenna

• Galactic Citizen
Re: JR MC and MakeMKV
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2022, 08:54:31 pm »

I think so.   You'll need to try it.

MC will ask if you want to rip or rip with MakeMKV.  It should do exactly what MakeMKV is doing now for you.

I will check when I fire up MC 30.nn here.  thx.

Listening to "Sleigh Ride" by "Leroy Anderson" from your 'tis the Season list on Cloudplay.  Thanks!

Interesting story with that one...

I had vinyl of that tune, but it had been subjected to what I call "vinyl lathes" at some time in its past.  So, grating upon the ears. [understatement]

That aside....

Separately, I had been hunting down the song "The Typewriter" by Leroy Anderson (that tune appears on one of my playlists).

And, who could have known, the CD also had the Sleigh Ride tune by Leroy Anderson.

So I decided to refresh my "Tis the Season" playlists with some additional tunes.  Glad you enjoyed the refreshed playlists!

Still playing the trumpet?  (OK, I'll go away quietly....  :)   )

Fun stuff.....

=========
Vinyl: Shure V15VxMR, Shure VN5MR stylus, VPI Scout turntable
Shellac: Shure M91, Shure N75-3 stylus,  Dual 1218 turntable

Apt Holman preamp (updated), Benchmark Media ADC-1, Benchmark Media DAC-1, Carver TFM-45 power amp (updated), Original Acoustic Research AR-9 speakers (LF surrounds replaced), Sennheiser HD590 headphones
Pages: [1]   Go Up