INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playing multiple zones with one command or task  (Read 544 times)

buraqan

Playing multiple zones with one command or task
« on: November 08, 2022, 03:28:48 am »

hello is there anyone can help me to play all zone with one command i can stop all zone with      mc29.exe  /mcc 20033, bool bStopRemoteZones    command.but i couldnt figure out to play all zones again. thank you for your helps.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Playing multiple zones with one command or task
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2022, 07:55:20 am »

You could link all the zones together.  Then play will be in unison.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

buraqan

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2022, 08:06:56 am »

this will not help me. because Im using soundcard for different zones. I need to play different style in each one. I already did some command individually for each zone. what I mean is I also want them to stop at the same time with only 1 command task and play again with the same way. if its possible

eve

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2022, 12:26:50 pm »

this will not help me. because Im using soundcard for different zones. I need to play different style in each one. I already did some command individually for each zone. what I mean is I also want them to stop at the same time with only 1 command task and play again with the same way. if its possible

How quickly does this need to happen? If they're all playing different material, a second of sync differences may be somewhat irrelevant.

Send 1 mcc command per zone, right after another. It should be 'registered' by JRiver quickly. It's more commands for you but just write a script.

buraqan

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2022, 03:31:36 am »

what Im doing is actually Im broadcasting with 16 zones so i need to stop each zones 5 time in a day and play again if I want to do it. I need make scheduler 160 task for each zone.what I want to do is i wanna create 1 command or task to stop all zones at the same time. and play again same time. Im playin different music genre for all each zones.that why I cant link the zones. If anyone has a idea. it will really helpfull for me.

eve

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2022, 09:03:45 pm »

You make this into a script that you can call with a single command or even just a shortcut on your desktop.

Get a list of all Zones on your JRiver machine.

http://<server IP>:52199/MCWS/v1/Playback/Zones

Now you have 2 options, web requests or MCC commands.

For MCC
https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Media_Center_Core_Commands#Specifying_Zones
Will help you figure out how to 'target' a zone with a particular command.

We'll make a .bat script that has x number of "play/pause" MCC commands that run right after another, one for each zone.

So now when you want to Play or Pause all zones? You're just going to run this .bat script.

Similarly for MCWS, we'll use the play/pause MCWS command, just as many as you have zones, specifying the zone in each command of course. With something like Curl (included in windows now IIRC) we can use a .bat script that has all these commands in it, to make the MCWS web-requests one after another in a row.

Pages: [1]   Go Up