INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Preview settings  (Read 528 times)

ndgame

• Recent member
Preview settings
« on: November 17, 2022, 09:19:27 am »

So I am really getting JRiver all setup and working great.   I am still trying to configure or customize a few things to make it my own.   

My question to is when in Theater View I have found different layouts for listing the movies when I go to "more" and toggling through those work great.   What I want to accomplish next is what I see about the movie when I click on a movie before clicking start.   If you look at this image I am posting you will see everything about the movie in regards to format, sound, container, refresh rate and quality and above that you see a full synopsis and in this one it acutally scrolls slowly so you can read it automatically.   

Are there any customizations that can be made or changes that will give me a better looking or more inviting view such as this image or like Plex's.

ndgame

• Recent member
Re: Preview settings
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2022, 09:17:55 am »

Does anyone know if there is any customizing this?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2022, 09:26:57 am »

You can set the fields that show for a file in Options > Theater View > Customize file info panel.

I'm considering adding icons that show things like 4k, the audio format, aspect ratio, etc.  Do you have artwork for any of those to share?  I'm matt at jriver if you do.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

tzr916

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2022, 09:38:23 am »

IMO, this is exactly why Windows theater view needs a complete overhaul, plus a competitive theater view style Android App is MIA. Default MC just doesn't come close to the built in eye candy of many other Windows players and Android Apps.

File info panel is the best a regular use can get. Seems like you have to be an expression wizard to show all the logos and similar eye candy:
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,119385.0.html
JRiverMC v32 •Windows 10 Pro 64bit •Defender Exclusions •ṈŘ 3rd party AV
•ASUS TUF gaming WiFi z590 •Thermaltake Toughpower GX2 600W
•i7-11700k @ 3.6GHz~5GHz •32GB PC4-25600 DDR4
•OS on Crucial P5 Plus M.2 PCIe Gen4 •Tv Recordings on SATA 6TB WD Red Pro
•4 OTA & 6 CableCard SiliconDust Tuners
•nVidia RTX2060 •XBR65Z9D •AVRX3700H •Fluance 7.2.2 [FH]
•SMP1000DSPѫeD A3-300[RSS315HE-22] •SPA300DѫYSTSW215[15-PRX8S4]

ndgame

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2022, 09:43:39 am »

I don't have any artwork.

I would agree that Home Theater Veiw needs a overhaul.   

I will say this.   I did get Rapier Fusion Skin  and Theme installed and it has really helped.

But still missing some other features such as

1.  The Movie info view that I posted
2.  When viewing all movies it really needs a bar that allows you to select a letter to jump to A-Z to schroll.
3.  Filter options while in Theater View.

These are just a few items that would take this to another IMO.   

Thank you Matt for looking into this.   I would gladly do Beta testing or send some examples if needed.

Aaron

ndgame

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2022, 09:53:17 am »

IMO, this is exactly why Windows theater view needs a complete overhaul, plus a competitive theater view style Android App is MIA. Default MC just doesn't come close to the built in eye candy of many other Windows players and Android Apps.

File info panel is the best a regular use can get. Seems like you have to be an expression wizard to show all the logos and similar eye candy:
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,119385.0.html

That link looks like some stuff that we would be looking for.  It looks like he built that around 1080P.  I wonder what would happen if I tried them on my 4K setup instead?

Also I am new to JRiver so I don't know what toolkit or clipboard is in JRiver. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up