INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to transfer settings from one machine to another?  (Read 202 times)

jacobacci

• Galactic Citizen
How to transfer settings from one machine to another?
« on: November 19, 2022, 01:10:57 am »

I have several machines that run JRiver MC30. One is the master where I manage my music and tweak settings. I would like to keep all my other machines in sync with the main one. Up to now I have done this the following way:
- copy all files in c:\users\<user>\appdata\roaming\j river\ to a folder on the NAS
- copy (and overwrite) all the files from the NAS to appdata on the "clone" machine
This works well with a few exeptions:
- I changed the main machine's skin to dark. This did not get transferred
- I added a zone on the main machine. This did not get transferred
I am aware that by restoring a library backup from the master machine to the clone machine I can transfer everything. The goal however is to have an automatic process. Upon boot of the clone machine I copy the appdata folder from the nas to the clone machine using robocopy and then launch MC at the end of the batch process.
I would be grateful for any suggestions, thanks

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: How to transfer settings from one machine to another?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2022, 07:14:09 am »

You may not want to do it, but MC's Library Server can serve the files from you main machine to another copy of MC connected as a client.  If authentication is set on the server, then the clients can be set to sync with the server.  That will work well for most purposes.

Wiki topics on Media Network, Library Server, etc.

Less well known is that one copy of MC can connect to another and Download from Server (right click on file or files).
Pages: [1]   Go Up