INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Weird problem mc30  (Read 445 times)

Korppi

• Recent member
Weird problem mc30
« on: December 11, 2022, 12:04:34 pm »

Hello,

Weird problem with mc30:
When playing video files (youtube downloads .mp4)
audio is totally twisted, vocals are missing and bass is totally also missing and echoed??

Setup:
Convolution for multichannel output
Windows 10 WDM enabled
Rme ufx for output

Weird things:
.mp3 .flac play well
Wdm plays ok (bit too old laptop for now)
Video files are not corrupted (played them years)
I dont think its the laptop since wdm takes much more juice
I dont think its the Rme ufx since its the masterclass level of soundcards
When playing video, dsp studio automaticly puts on a "tempo&pitch"!!?!
On mc23 the videos worked

Korppi

• Recent member
Re: Weird problem mc30
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2022, 05:16:27 pm »

Did some more research:

Reinstalled mc30 Tempo/pitch turning on is gone

Some videos started working, some not

- its something to do video sources audio tracks, played some movies with 5.1 sounds. I hear only some tracks of the audio files. For example in some movies all the characters voices/spoken lines are gone but background voices are sounding perfect.

My convolution files are "2 channels in, 6 channels out"

How can i make jriver automaticly convert all source tracks to 2 channel? Source 5.1-->2ch--->2ch in convolver-->6ch out

Korppi

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2022, 03:46:36 pm »

Update:

By clicking same movie on many times all the videos, the audio started working normally...

Decided to reinstall windows 10 again

Now i have the same problem...

Wdm works really good
Mp3, flac works really good
Videos with different audio codecs (aac,ac3 etc) are completely mixed up.. (bass missing, vocals missing)

Its like 1950s radio in a echo chamber

Also media player 30 has extremely high/not normal high cpu use in task manager while playing videos

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2022, 08:23:07 am »

So it sounds like what you're describing is that the multichannel film soundtracks aren't getting downmixed correctly (you're missing the center and the subwoofer in your downmix).  If I read your description correctly you have a stereo 3-way system?  If that's the case, you need to open DSP Studio and go to the output format tab, and look at your "channels" settings.  If you have the channel count set to "5.1," that's not the correct setting: JRiver doesn't know that you need it to downmix to stereo and is just passing through higher channel count audio so you're losing that information when you run your convolver later in the chain. 

The correct settings (assuming I've understood your setup) should be: set the channels to "2 channels (stereo) and then set "extra channels" to "4".   Also make sure that you have "JRSS mixing" selected under mixing (the alternative setting "no upmixing or downmixing" is wrong for your use case because the center and sub won't get downmixed with that setting).

Those settings (2 channels; 4 extra channels; and JRSS mixing enabled) will give you six total channels for mixing while ensuring that surround videos get downmixed to stereo first.  If you try that and it doesn't solve your problem, post back with more info about your DSP studio settings.

The "tempo and pitch" probably isn't your problem, that's a thing that happens when you enable video clock; it's usually harmless.

Korppi

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2022, 01:07:24 pm »

Thanks for your help!

I just tried it, still the same problem thou..

Then i choose "no upmixing or downmixing" instead of jrss mixing

EVERYTHING IS WORKING NOW!!

Thank you for bringing me to the right direction
Pages: [1]   Go Up